Monday, May 16, 2011

Book Review: Amish Prayers complied by Beverly Lewis

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I have to tell you that I was very excited to receive this little book. It is the first time that this collection of Amish prayers has been translated from the original German. They are beautiful heartfelt Christ based prayers for various life situations. They are vary similar to prayers from the book of common prayer.

Most of these prayers were usually memorized by the Amish and Mennonite people. They would use them as a regular part of their worship daily. The reason why these are so precious to me is because I found out that my ancestors on my Father's side were Mennonites from Germany. They were persecuted for their faith probably around the time of the reformation and fled to Switzerland then eventually came over to North America.

I had often wondered and even asked God what kind of prayers they prayed. I wondered if they prayed for their ancestors yet to come and that they know Christ and Him crucified. Seeing these prayers makes me think that they did pray for the generations to come which I am one of! Love seeing that. Love their faith and love those sweet prayers. This book is comparable to that of a gift book. It was a nice little book full of prayers and Scripture.

To get a copy of this book from Amazon click on the link above.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff