Monday, March 1, 2010

No Answers Still.....

3 comments
 

So the MRI and second opinion came back with no answers really just the same ole thing. It is confirmed that I have a brain. :) And the scan is perfectly normal. That is a great relief and praise. However, it still leaves things unanswered. The opinion is that nothing can be ruled out yet we just have to continue to walk this out and wait. Keeping an eye on the brain for changes.

So, how do you wait? We want fast food, fast cars, immediate answers in this world. How does it look to truly wait? I have been on this waiting journey for twelve years now and this is my conclusion. Waiting is only rooted in trusting in the sovereignty of God. To trust with no answers takes faith. It is not an easy or natural thing at all. As I submit and God draws more and more of myself under the control of the Holy Spirit I become more accepting and patient in the wait.

I used to think I had rights in my health. Better said, it was my God-given right to have good health. Well, that is not true. I must accept what my circumstances are until God decides to change them. I surrender my rights to Him. As I wait I will treat this temple of mine well. I will put good stuff in it and give it exercise. I will do the things I can do while I wait for anything different. The truth that I continue to rest in is:

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

3 comments:

Kathy said...

So are they thinking now that it may not have been Lyme's all along? I just read your backstory from a few posts ago and I didn't realize you'd bounced between sick and well so many times since. Love ya and prayin' for ya!

Susannah said...

Thanks for your health update. You are a trooper, my friend. So glad you know Him and that you're holding his hand as you walk through the medical maze. :~D

Shelley said...

You thoughts on waiting are so right-on
Waiting = trust = Love for the Lord

Wait for the Lord, be strong and let your heart take courage and wait for the Lord x

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff