Monday, March 1, 2010

Marriage Monday - Prayer in Marriage

9 comments
 

I have to tell you that prayer saved our marriage. When I married my husband I was a believer but severely immature and malnourished. On the outside we looked the same but I had the Holy Spirit in me and he did not. How do I know this? In our sin I was miserable but he was not. That does not make a good pair and started us out on a rocky place. It is only by God's grace and prayer that our marriage is in tact and praise His name, thriving.

God began working in my heart and showing me where I needed to start living for Him. Through books like, The Power of a Praying Wife and strong believers I was finally growing and starting to look more like Jesus.

I first started to nag at my husband about the things I wanted changed. I would pout, plead, nag, beg, yell, scream, manipulate, and throw tantrums. As you can imagine this did not work. It is a wonder we survived. As God started showing me where my heart needed to change I slowly submitted to Him. I started to slowly entrust my husband to Him. I started to take things to prayer and nag less. God started changing things. Slowly but changes were happening many of which had to start first within my own heart.

God used this change as His word talks about in 1 Peter 3 to have my husband start to take notice. He then realized that he did not know the Lord and he desired to know Him the way I knew Him. God allowed us to pray together for my man to receive the Lord. That was a precious thing and a gift of grace.

That was almost ten years ago. I am humbled to say my man is the leader of our home and a godly man. He is a great example of God's unconditional love to me. I praise God for all he has done. Most all of it I know was accomplished through prayer, if not all. Prayer is the ground work that changes things. It moves mountains. Prayer saved our marriage and I am so thankful to God for that precious gift.

To see what others are saying about prayer and marriage or join in go here.

9 comments:

Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

I look forward to the day that my husband will fall to his knees also! Thank you for sharing this encouragement.

Hugs from Canada

April Feagley said...

Thank you for a wonderful post! What an inspiring story. Have a blessed day!

bp said...

Thank you for sharing such an encouraging testimony for Marriage Monday!

I love Power of Praying Wife.

Susan said...

This was great! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome testimony with us.

Praying for your total healing too!

tonya said...

What a beautiful testimony.
Thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

Thank you for this inspiring post.

Susannah said...

Angela, this is a powerful post! I'm sure you're bringing hope to others who need to hear your testimony. Thank you, thank you for sharing and your faith (and your pain) this way.

A wonderful success story... what can I say? God is in the business of making miracles, and He did one for you. Precious beyond words.

As always, thank you for joining us for Marriage Monday today.

(((Hugs)))

e-Mom :~D

Mac an Rothaich said...

A great testimony, thanks for you honesty! Thank God that he saves our marriages!

Shelley said...

Such a great testimony - you are a blessing

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff