Friday, July 4, 2008

Random Stuff-RMS Devotional, Bible Study Info, And A Funny Story

7 comments
 


The weekly devotion is up here.

ABUNDANT GRACE STUDY DETAILS
For those of you doing the Bible study please make sure you have sent me your email address. It is not too late. There are currently 25 of us as of now. It should be so much fun! This is how it will work. I will email you the weeks worth of work on Sunday nights. Also on Sunday I will post a podcast corresponding that will be less than 10 minutes that you can listen too as well if you choose. We will do the work and on Friday night or Saturday I will post small group discussion questions that we can discuss on the blog. Also, feel free to email me anything to post if you do not have a blog. I am really hoping we will have a lot of discussion because that is how we will learn from one another. Also, please be thinking of things to help improve the study as well. My goal is for us to grow in the word and become more like Christ through it otherwise it is just a waist of time. I want it to be transforming and that is what I am praying for each one of you. Hope that helps explain everything. I will also email the instructions on Sunday to you.

THE FUNNY STORY OF HUMILITY
I have to tell you a really funny story. Or at least it was to me! :) Rather humbling. I was scheduled to get what I thought was a call from the people hosting the virtual home school conference at 4pm yesterday. When no call came in I checked my email and found I was suppose to log into their conference software so we could test it and see how it would work for the conference which has over 100 people registered thus far! Wow! Anyway, I am logging on to test the stuff and automatically my web cam which is built in decides to come on. Oh MY! Can I just tell you that I was not webcam ready in appearance. I was so embarrassed and God kept reminding me that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Oh how I was humbled. So, I had my conversation with them and the web cam focusing on me the entire time.

Why was I not webcam ready? Well, since we did not get to travel because of cost factors our family has been having fun lazy days relaxing a nice sabbath of sorts. We had just finished swimming and I took a quick shower. Since I was seeing no one (SO I THOUGHT)-I threw on a sweatshirt and threw up my hair. I sported no make up and my glasses. What a first impression. I just love it though and how God humbles us. Again the focus was on me when it really needed to be on God. I am fearfully and wonderfully made! :)

Am I alone in this or do you have any humbling stories you can share with me?

7 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh girl, that is funny!! This happens to me all the time during the summer.

A couple of days ago, it was like 10:00 and my girls and I were STILL in our pj's and a friend came to the door. I made them all be SOOOO quiet so she would think we weren't home!! But, I'm thinking the van in the driveway wasn't a good sign. =)

ocean mommy said...

Oh girl!!!! That is so funny to hear you tell that! BUT, you are stunning with or without makeup!

Can't wait to start the study! I just know God is going to do a work.

Love you
steph.

Christina said...

I can't wait for the study to start I am so excited. I know it will be awesome. 25 of us already, WOW, that is great!!!

Yes I have humbling stories too. I always love it when I am caught unawares, it is always so ironic.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

You crack me up Angela! I'm sure your inner beauty was still shining through though! :)

Susannah said...

Lol, a funny story! Pajama Mama-- that's me more often than not when I'm at my computer in the AM. (Good thing I don't have a webcam.)

I'm thrilled that you have 25 participating in your Bible study! AMEN, you go girl. That's just awesome. Bless you for your faithfulness to teach the Word of God. :~D

Cheri said...

That is funny. I'm sure you thought it was worse than what it was!

I got my Bible Study!!

Kay Martin said...

Angela,

What a story! Do you hear the applause? That's me, because less of a woman would have done something ridiculous and stepped away and "fixed herself up." I call you a holy!! A Pro!!!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff