Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Your Actions When No One Is Looking

8 comments
 
My daughter grabbed the second telephone while I was discussing some details with my doctor. Trying to listen and ask my questions I hear my daughter also joining in on the conversation. Not a fun way to get through these kind of calls.

My daughter knew she was wrong because when I went to retrieve the phone her door was locked. If I was not on the phone and she had done this with something else I am sure I would have screamed at her and threatened her until she obeyed me. This type of behavior is unacceptable to me.

However, since I knew I was on the phone with the office and knew someone was listening I restrained myself. It got me to thinking. Why would I handle a situation differently when I know someone is listening or watching? God sees all the time. I should always be mindful of Him.

*****I do not yell and scream at my children at all times. I really do not like yelling but sometimes that is what some episodes turn into. I am a work in progress.

8 comments:

Cheri said...

I hear ya! We are all a work in progress!

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Good words friend!!! Every day it's a step, a work in progress like you said!

Krista said...

I can understand that! I do not like to yell, but just like that verse says, "The things I do not want to do; these things I do." (my translation). Sometimes we get caught up in the moment and...well, you could ask my kids. LOL

You handled the situation well, though.

A work in progress as well, Krista

Kathy said...

I don't think there's a mom alive that can't relate to this. I always knew I could get away with stuff while Mom was on the phone, but the second she got off, I'd better be outside or well-behaved! LOL! Funny how my kids have learned this too.

Beams of Light Ministries said...

It's funny how unplanned interruptions bring up to the point where we ponder the very things which will make us stronger witnesses for Christ.

Blessings,
Sanya

Christina said...

Don't we all need this lesson. Thanks.

Peggy said...

Blessings Angela...we are indeed a work in progress...self control...

Just dropping by to invite YOU to a special day on this FRIDAY! C'mon over and visit me and make my day!

Anonymous said...

Great point! And isn't that the definition of character? What you do when no one is looking.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff