Monday, December 17, 2012

Psalm 119- Week 20

0 comments
 
I cannot believe we have almost made it through this long yet beautiful Psalm. I am thankful to you sticking through it with me. I have loved God's word even more as we have studied this together.

ר Resh

153 Look on my suffering and deliver me,
    for I have not forgotten your law.
154 Defend my cause and redeem me;
    preserve my life according to your promise.
155 Salvation is far from the wicked,
    for they do not seek out your decrees.
156 Your compassion, Lord, is great;
    preserve my life according to your laws.
157 Many are the foes who persecute me,
    but I have not turned from your statutes.
158 I look on the faithless with loathing,
    for they do not obey your word.
159 See how I love your precepts;
    preserve my life, Lord, in accordance with your love.
160 All your words are true;
    all your righteous laws are eternal.

Honestly I look around and see so much suffering all around us. The Psalmist here is seeking out God's attention. Of course God is always near. He never leaves or forsakes us  but there are times it seems He does not see us.  However, we have not forgotten His law. His word, it tells us clearly that we can expect trouble in this world. God is acquainted with all of our sorrows and grief. He understands more deeply than anyone else can. He is our Savior and will bring us home soon.

It would seem right to plead with God to defend our cause and redeem us, for only He can. We must believe that His persevering power is what holds us tight. Our number of days are already written in His book and He will bring them to completion.

Salvation does not belong to the wicked, those who do not see a need for God. What a sad position to hold on to especially in the midst of trial or suffering.

The Psalmist remembers God's unending passion. He will remain holding us tight. Though we have a real enemy here and now and those who do his bidding turning away from the law of God, God will hold us tight. We must hold tight to His promises.

It is hard not to look down on those who disregard the word of God for we know the greatness it holds. The Psalmist reminds God how much he loves his precepts. The Psalmist is confident that God will preserve his life according to His love for him. He then ends this section affirming his declaration that God's words are true and eternal. God is never changing, either is His word. It is enough for us to cling tight too. Are you holding on?

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff