Saturday, July 2, 2011

Jonah Pilot Study Online - Intro

2 comments
 
JONAH - INTRO
Does God care about all people? Does He want us to forgive our enemies? What about terrorists? What about those who have greatly wronged us or our family? What does God think about this? What do you think about this? Truthfully these are hard things to think about. But the book of Jonah addresses the character of God in these things. We will find all of these answers. Whatever our thoughts are now we must make them line up with the word of God

When you hear about the book of Jonah what questions do people ask? Maybe some like, Is this book about a whale? A crazy sea adventure? A stubborn servant of God? A wicked people? The answer to these questions are yes. It is about all of these things but most importantly it is about God. We will see His heart and His relentless love for us. We will see His amazing mercy and grace. We will see His great power.

Let’s get started. You will need your Bible and if you like to mark it for deeper study then get some colored pencils to aid you in this process. Let’s dig into this amazing book that reveals the character of God in ways that may surprise you but ways that undoubtedly will change you.

I will post the first part of this study Tuesday July 5th. This will be the beginning of it. Please sign up or email me if you would like to be a part at angela [at] refreshmysoul [dot] com. I am looking forward to it. May He change us through it. May we grow to know HIM better through it. This will probably be a 4 to 5 week study and I would love for it to be interactive. Please leave comments on your thoughts and answers to questions. Please spread the word and let me know if you are in.

Listen to this song to prepare your heart...Start by reading through the book of Jonah...More to come Tues.

2 comments:

Blessed Momma said...

I'm in....can't wait to start!

Shelley said...

"My heart sings a brand new song - the debt is paid these chains are gone - Emmanuel God with us!"

My husband bought me a journal as part of my birthday gift - I LOVE and ADORE a new journal - on the back of the journal cover are words that read ... 'Psalm 40 - promises to hear your cries, to establish your feet on solid ground, and to graciously provide all that you need to look up and sing a new, sweet song!'

How I need to sing out this new song that has been birthing in me these last 8 months but fear has held me back - I do believe that this study is the push to sing loud that I am going to need x So looking forward to being fully engaged here.

love Shelley - a pastors wife in Niagara Falls, who was/is called to Canada as a missionary some 19 years ago - look forward to meeting you all x

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff