Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Book Review: The God I Never Knew by Robert Morris

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I love reading books on the Holy Spirit because not many people write about or speak about this person of the Godhead. People respond differently when talking about the Spirit because people have done weird things in the name of Him. Yet some people deny Him altogether. There is a balance. Spirit filled living is what God calls us too. This is surrendering our lives to the Holy Spirit. People often cannot grasp what this means for fear they will have no control. But that is not what walking in the Spirit is.

This book talks about how God desires our friendship and friendship with the Holy Spirit is possible. God lives in believers through the person of the Holy Spirit. I really liked all that was said in this book about that. However, after that section the rest of the book discusses how we need to receive a third baptism of the Holy Spirit. He explains in great detail and with grace where Scripture points this out. He also addresses misconceptions about this topic and apologizes for those who take it way too far.

I liked the way the author wrote this. He kept it mostly centered on God clearly explaining his argument. It is interesting because what He is saying about baptism and prayer languages is something I have heard before but  never explained so well. I don't agree with everything he wrote but like the author I want all God has for me and it may look different to different people. Semantics play a part in this as well. He may use the word baptism and I use the word surrender. Overall, it was a good read. It challenged me and helped me think through where I stand on certain issues.

This book is scheduled to be released August 16th. To get a copy from Amazon click on the link above.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff