No other world religion of any kind has a pursuing God like ours. The major difference is that we have the ability of having a personal relationship with our God. Not because of anything we have done but only because of His grace. We can earn nothing from Him, He freely gives. Now that is an amazing God. Listen to this wonderful song to prepare your heart for worship. For this week.
We ended last week with Jonah tossed in the water instantly calming the ferocious storm. God is a ferocious lover. He will go great and unthinkable lengths for us. Do you believe this? If yes it will really change your life. I just love this next part of the study.
- Ponder the cross.(Hebrews 12:1-3)
- Ponder God's great and deep love for us. So much love that before the world was formed He planned Jesus coming and dying for you. (Ephesians 1:4)
- Ponder Jesus giving up all His riches and glory of Heaven restricting Himself to skin and bones limiting himself to humble means for us. Dying and being separated for the first and only time from the Father taking our sins so we don't have to carry them.(Philippians 2:8)
- Ponder Him beating sin and death once and for all so we can be free.(Hebrews 10:10)
- Ponder Him doing this so we can be friends and children of God with all the rights a family is entitled. (1 John 3:1)
- Ponder the Holy Spirit being sent to live in us and seal us guaranteeing our inheritance in Heaven. (Ephesians 1:13)
- Ponder Christ. Ponder His deep love for you. (Zephaniah 3:17, John 3:16, Isaiah 62:5)