Friday, February 11, 2011

Remission? Health Update

4 comments
 
I am fearful really to even type the word remission. I have been doing really well for a little while now. I have given my body much grace because I need it so much. Grace to rest. Grace to heal.

Again there was absolutely nothing done specifically for this period of healing to come about. I am just free again. So I sit here and wonder how long will this period last? Is this one forever? I have been gentle with myself getting little exercise at a time. Gentleness only I can understand because I know how this body feels and works.

It is strange living with an invisible illness that can bring you down at any unexpected moment. It presents difficultly, especially since the illness does not have an official name. No matter what, for now I am thankful.

Some things I have noticed that just help my body in general are eating more fruits and vegetables, drinking more water, getting adequate protein and supplements. These things have helped greatly. They sustain me in this period of grace.

The experiment of limiting my diet has had random results. I do see that limited dairy does help me. So I focus on that. It has not been that hard seeing how beneficial it usually is. Limiting gluten has not made a huge difference so I am still eating breads and pasta from time to time. I have limited (not eliminated) sugars too which does help.

So for now slowly with eating right and exercise I am building my body back up again with all grace and gentleness. That I am thankful for.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

So happy for this good news!

Kate said...

So glad things are going well. There's a girl in my bible study who suffers with chronic pain...so much so that music and clapping or anything louder than a normal speech tone makes her ill. I thought of you when she was talking the other night. You are both such beautiful people (ps. she had Finding Purpose Beyond Our Pain with her this week too). I admire your strength.

Shelley said...

So good to hear x

child of God said...

Remission is so sweet! I pray yours will last and last!

Blessings,
<><

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff