Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Our Adoption Story - The Beginning God's Plan - Our Hearts

2 comments
 
Adoption starts for each of us in Christ early on. Before the foundation of the world ever came to be God had already planned to adopt us into His family as His children. He was the perfect Father. Though we were not born of the of the Jewish blood line we were saved by the blood of Jesus which included us into the family line. Thus the beauty of adoption. God had this amazing thing planned out all along. Praise His name!

"He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God." ~John 1:11-13

"The Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” ~Romans 8:15b

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves." ~Ephesians 1:4-6  

In the past few years God has been slowly working on us about the issue of adoption. We are safely adopted into the Father's arms. He will never leave us or forsake us. He reached down and loved us and wooed us making us His own. He cleaned us up where we were and brought us into His family. We are His fully. His completely. This is our new blood line. Amazing concept isn't it?

We are called to help the orphans (James 1:27). This is obedience to Christ. There are many ways we can do this. Some of us are called to open up our homes and bring children into our own families. Some of us are called to help by contributing to these ministries. Some of us are called to pray for these orphans faithfully. All of us are called to do something. What is your place? Where is God calling you in this?
 
Our family has ideas where we fit into this. I will share more in other posts. I want to hear from you though where is God calling you on this journey to help the orphans?  

2 comments:

Pat said...

Great post Angela, I am founder/president of an adoption agency here in Florida so you know that adoption is a passion of mine...

Not to even start talking about my beautiful adopted daughter!!

Blessings on your adoption journey!
Pat

Shelley said...

Oh interesting - I'm curious to know where your hearts are? My husband and I have thought about adoption over the years but it has never been anything that overwhelmed us with a need or sense to adopt - that's just us. But when I think back on our lives and the youth ministry we have been a part of I can see all my adopted children - my spiritual children so to speak - those who are now committed to ministry or just living life out obediently before the Lord.

The concept of God adopting us is powerful to me - my step-dad took me in as His own - and loved me as His own - so I live with this beautiful word picture before me - and I am so very thankful.

Have a great weekend friend.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff