Saturday, February 5, 2011

Adoption and Where We Fit - How You Can Help

3 comments
 
Shortly after we had our second biological child, we made a decision that we will forever regret. It was a hasty decision that made perfect sense to us. We did not spend much time in prayer over this decision. It just made sense so we did it. Our condition was as follows:

I was sick and had Lyme disease and it had taken a toll on my body. It acts a lot like MS. After a few months after childbirth your body is hit hard. I was so sick and followed this same pattern after our first child so we thought I would never get better. We did not even have a clear diagnosis at this time.

Then there was a entire group of men in our peer group who were all going to have vasectomies. Talk about crazy-weird peer pressure which I do not think was the kind that was pleasing to God. So because everyone was doing this AND I was so very sick it seemed like the right thing to do. This is how we ended our child birthing years. (Don't worry I have my husbands permission to type this.)

Over the next 7 years this regret set deeply in. Initiated by my husband. He said he did not think it was wise and that God was not finished with our family yet. Over those 7 years I was healed quite miraculously. It was something we did not expect. Though the last few years I have struggled a bit again it has never been what it was. I am much better and in a very healthy place right now considering what I went through before. So this started us thinking and praying about adopting. Something we probably would not have opened our hearts to unless this happened. So it is truly a Romans 8:28-29 situation.

The fact is that there are so many children who need a family. We have space in our home and our hearts to meet that need. It was this year that God started working in our hearts to get this process started. So this is what we are working toward.

My children are so excited at the idea of receiving a new baby boy into the family. They are collecting change and giving their allowance toward the large cost of adoption. My husband is working a second job teaching at the university to put that toward this process. I do not have any services to offer except the one of this ministry. If you need a speaker for a woman's event please let me know. This is the part I can contribute to the process of adopting our child. Please spread the word. Check out the speaking tab on the top of this blog.

I will continue to blog about this process from the beginning - now until it is completed. Would love for you to be a part in this with us. Please do pray for us. It will be an adventure I know! It brings joy to my heart to know my baby may be out there somewhere. Praying for him. Please join me.

3 comments:

Mining for Diamonds said...

I have another online friend who had an amazing adoption journey. She did all kinds of fundraisers and speaking engagements and raised money to help cover the costs. The Lord blessed their family of all boys with a beautiful little baby sister! http://www.mixedwithlove.net/search/label/Adoption%20as%20a%20Form%20of%20Evangelism

It would be great to follow along on your journey as well! Thanks for sharing it!

ocean mommy said...

Oh girl! I will be praying! This is so exciting. :) (and if you need a worship leader...I would love to serve with you again!)

Prayers and love,
steph.

Vilisi said...

Praying with you!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff