Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dealing With Special Needs and Masks

2 comments
 
Honestly those two words "special needs" really are quite comical to me. I think it would be a lie if someone claimed to have no "special needs" all together. I would always apologize to people for mine because I wanted them to know up front that I could be a bit high maintenance. It just cuts to the core of me for them. Then no problems if I was just a bit much for them. No worries. It gives them a chance to run.

Now I am realizing that I am wanting to do the same thing for my children. I worry that others will run when they discover their "special needs." Whether it is being high maintenance, overly excited, or whatever happens that day in public, I just want people to love them for them. I do not want them to feel the need to change in order to fit in. I want then to feel free to be who they were created to be, quirks and all.

I feel so tired of seeing so many people wearing masks. They tend to want to be something they are not in order to fit in. That must be very weary. I must remind myself of this because when I start becoming weary it is probably because I am trying to put some sort of mask on myself. I think most of us do it. However, I am saying now let's start a trend. No more masks. Let's just be who God created us to be so we can freely love people in that way. The only way we can because He created us unique. A simple truth but it is only now that I am truly beginning to understand it and fully embrace it.

2 comments:

lioneagle said...

Hi -

Excellent points expressed with wisdeom.

Thank you for unmasking some vital issues.

Shannon said...

Love your posts!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff