Friday, March 7, 2008

Walmart-Part Two

4 comments
 
Well, guess where I ended up again today friends?! You guessed it. Walmart! Oh my. I didn't mean to go there or want to go there but my husband is now under the weather and needed some medication. After an attempt and several hours at another drug store we could not get the his meds because their computer systems were down and there was no known time as to when they would come back up.

I got the prescription back and took it on to, yes, Walmart. But I had a plan. I was going in the entrance that was least busy, my secret door. It was so crazy again there. Today it was 1:30-where are all the people coming from? It makes me wonder how this city keeps running with no one at their jobs!

I do think I may have solved this great mystery though. I think everyone is calling in sick from work. That has to be it because when I dropped off my prescription there was a long line waiting to pick up. I thought it would be down by the time 30 minutes was up when I was told to come back to pick mine up. I was wrong. The line was the same length but with different people. Thinking maybe it would go down I browsed for another 20 minutes. Then came back and the line was still the same length yet with even different people. It was like one of those roller coaster rides. They should have had a sign that said, average wait time xx minutes from this spot. Man, those poor pharmacy workers! I waited about 15 minutes and was told after that hour my meds were not yet ready to pick up yet. They were running behind.

I went on to my secret check out in the back and checked out a few items I snagged. Called my man who said he could wait on those meds and that I should just come on home right now. He really felt sorry for me. Especially since I had been waiting a total of two and a half hours to get his meds between those two pharmacies. But it was okay. I did get to get me a mocha and browse at Lifeway which are always a blessing. My ankle sure did get another workout though while I meandered around trying to kill some time. I guess this is physical therapy at its best.

Today, I was not in a foul mood. Praise God. I was in a good mood. So, that helped with all this waiting that was done today. A few hours later I decided to drive back because my hubbie really needed the medicine. I decided I probably needed to be really filled with the Word because I was moving back into the unknown land of Walmart. You never know what to expect. So I listened to the Bible on CD as I went. It was so refreshing. I had such a better attitude.

After listening to a wonderful rendition of Philippians, I arrived to my location. I even got a front row parking spot! Thank you Lord. I did not have to resort to my secret entrance. Then I headed back to the pharmacy and the line was, no kidding, the same length it was all the other times! I was really feeling for those poor workers. I finally got up to the cashier and she did not have my insurance information on the stuff so she had to have them start the process over. I had to get out of line and wait some more. This time I got to sit and listen for my name to be called which was good because I looked back at the line and it was the same length as it was when I started out! Man, something is really up.

Finally my turn came and I got to get what we needed and head out. As I sat there waiting for my turn I sat and observed. I started to pray for everyone in front of me. So many people were sick. So many people were in need. It was unreal. The line never stopped and those pharmacy people were swamped every minute. Their attitude stayed positive though. It was a great testimony to God's grace.

Lord, please send your healing touch to all those who are in need. We love You and thank You for Your grace. Thanks for always being with us, even in Walmart!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

The sun is shining and moods are improved all around!
Hope your hubby feels better soon!

Faith said...

Glad you were in a good mood! Hope your ankle gets better soon.
And oh, I love listening to the Bible on CD! Just letting the Word wash over me. Colossians is my current bath of choice.

Susan Skitt said...

Wow Ang, I can see your new book now, Welcome to My Wonderful, Wacky World at WalMart.

Seriously though, it's good to see how the Lord changes our attitudes through the power of His Word. It's definately a work of the Lord. So good to see it in action with you praying for those in need. Keep it up WalMart girl :)

Love ya,
Susan

P.S. Lifting up a prayer for you hubby. My teenager went to work sick tonight... I'm praying he'll make it through.

Unknown said...

I think we must live in the same city with the same WalMart. You described ours to a T.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff