Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday-The Little Engine That Could

8 comments
 

One of my favorite stories came in the mail the other day. It is a classic called, "The Little Engine that Could." So, we all sat excited while I broke open the plastic and then heard the crisp sound that you hear when you open up a brand new book. It was glorious! So, I started to read with great animation and all. My littlest started to get annoyed and distracted. As animated as I got it still seemed to make no difference. Finally she said, "This story is BORING." I said, "Why?" She responded, "All you have is a train, then another train, and another train. IT IS BORING." I told her she needed to wait for the great ending so she reluctantly complied. After the story was finished I asked them what their favorite parts were to which she replied "the end when the children get their toys! The other parts were too boring!"

Now my oldest and I enjoyed the suspense of wondering if this next train will help them? Why did they not help? Who would come to help? But apparently this is too much for a slightly ADHD mind. She just wants the short sweet facts. Interesting I tell you and something I will need to get used to. Maybe she will grow out of it. :)

To see what others are saying go here.

8 comments:

Susannah said...

Like you, this children's classic one of my all-time favorites. "I think I can, I think I can." I'm sure your youngest will enjoy the story at some point in the future. :~D

Kara Akins said...

I love your tiny talk. So cute!

Vashonnte said...

haha how cute!

Amy said...

I can relate. If only they had the patience to get to the end!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Kids are so funny... They enjoy the silliest things like empty boxes but brush off some of the precious moments we try to create with them. LOL. (Can I confess that I've always found that story boring, too?!)

Cheri said...

I always loved that book too!

onemotherslove said...

Good job helping her learn patience!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Gotta love their honesty, huh?

Happy TTT!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff