Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

4 comments
 

Blanket Philosophy or rather Little Blankie Ponderings

While watching the Charlie Brown Christmas last night on television dad says, "Hannah, you are like Linus. See his blankie?"

Apparently Hannah was way ahead of us on this because she instantly protested, "No I am not. I do not drag mine on the ground!"
Now this is hilarious because she used to and I see it happen sometimes and it grosses me out! I tell her to keep it off the ground. This blankie gets dragged all over the place and looks so nasty to me. I rarely get to wash it without a huge protest. But I suppose it is all about perspective.

Then she goes on to say (even though it is not always true), "I do not take my blankie out of the house because I lost one and I don't want to lose my others."

This conversation went on for a while discussing many blankie options and theories. Yes we are very intellectual people here! Then mom asks,

"Well Hannah, when will you not carry your blankie anymore?"
And Hannah replied, "I think when I am like 13."

Not sure how she got this age but it works for now! :)

See what others are saying at Not Before 7.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Too cute. My daughter had a blankie that she loved too. She is done with it now, but it took awhile!

Susannah said...

That's really cute! I don't remember having a blankie, but my daughter kept hers stashed away under her bed all the way through her teens! :~D

Susan Skitt said...

Too funny! My sister was a blankie carrier (it was blue with silky edges that she'd rub between her fingers while sucking her thumb). Rest assured, she did give it up before 13!

jodi said...

That is so cute! I have a blankie carrier too and just love the way he drags it around.

On another note: I can't believe I missed the Charlie Brown Christmas last night. We were watching "Cars" for the bazillionth time!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff