Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How My Worship Pastor Showed Me Jesus

0 comments
 
My young energetic yet often destructive tyke decided that he owned the church sanctuary on Sunday. In the way owned I mean, thought he could climb, jump, or play with anything in his path. During these shenanigans he cut loose from his brother and ran straight up the stairs toward the drum set. Do you even know how much these things cost?!! This is a real no no that he should get by now but on this day he wanted things his way.

I run to the front, gather the boy and bring him back scolding him. I made him sit in a time out for tiny bit but I was the one who really needed a time out. I felt the need to continue to tell him how this bad behavior is unacceptable. I did not want to let it go. He did say he was sorry but I wanted more. I wanted to see repentance first.

Our worship pastor came up and I told little man he needed to apologize to him for messing with the drums which little man did. Our pastor took little man into his arms and spoke kindly to him. He forgave him and asked if he liked the drums then went further and asked if he would like to learn how to play them. He offered lessons!

This pierced my heart because where I wanted to condemn and not show gospel grace the person that this offense was against did the opposite. He not only forgave but then offered to let this boy play these drums. That is gospel grace. It is going that extra mile and putting others first. It is like Christ who "while we were still sinners died for us." There is no condemnation for us in Christ Jesus. I need to remember that not only for myself but also when I am disciplining my kids. Let there be more grace, gospel centered grace!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff