Friday, February 15, 2013

Cook Book Review: The Irresistible Table by Mary DeMuth

0 comments
 
I received an advanced copy of this book at no charge for the purpose of an honest review.

First I have to say I really love Mary DeMuth. She is an amazing God loving woman who I am convinced if she lived in my town we would be fast friends. I have loved every book that I have read that she has authored, however I have not read them all because she is an amazing writer who just keeps cranking them out! She writes non fiction and fiction well and both keep me interested and pointed to Christ as I read. This is indeed a rare thing. When I saw she wrote a cookbook I was interested of course and wondered how this new genre would go for her.

This cookbook was great! It had a great variety of different foods ranging from appetizers, main courses, to desserts. They are an unique collection different from any other cookbook but laced with jewels of helpful tips and tricks that worked for her. It is a great cookbook worth having in your kitchen. You should give it a try.

The recipes are easy, not too costly, and mostly the book encourages you toward hospitality to others. I loved this aspect of this book. It is so important that we open our homes to others for a real sense of community. This book helps you do that if you feel ill equipped. With easy step by step recipes you can easily open your home up to others for an easy meal and fun fellowship.

You can get a copy of this book from amazon here. It comes in kindle and hard copy version for your preference.

Visit the authors website here too, she is doing a give away which you might enjoy.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff