Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rest - A Book Review

4 comments
 
I was excited to get this free book from the publishing house for review. Keri Kent really has gotten my mind a stirring! A Sabbath rest is something that I have given much thought to throughout the years but have not been very successful at it. Plus, God has been putting this in my face for a little while now.

One of my problems is my type A personality. It is very hard to just come to a stop sometimes. Yet this book is a practical example of how to do this. There are very simple steps that each of us can take to observe a Sabbath rest.

I have tried this for our family over the past few weeks and it has been a great thing to practice. Slowing down is a good thing and it does give us more time to intentionally focus on God together. It is a great read that will get you to thinking if this is right for your family.

You can get a copy of Keri's book at Amazon here.
You can view her blog here.
See what others on the tour are saying here.

So I do want to pose a question to you. Do you observe a Sabbath rest? How does it look to you?
God has really burdened my husband and my heart to really live in more simplicity. So we are taking some drastic and painful changes yet they will benefit us all in the long run. I will update you all on this too from time to time.

4 comments:

Llama Momma said...

I also enjoyed the book. Observing a sabbath rest is challenging, but Keri's book really gave me some food for thought.

Keri Wyatt Kent said...

Angela, thanks for the shout out! Love your blog.
I think a lot of people are looking for ways to simplify, and Sabbath often helps us discover what's truly important. It's a way to put God first--which helps our priorities reallign.
Blessings!
Keri

Susannah said...

This book looks good. I checked out the author's blog too!

Yes, my DH and I do try to take a Sabbath rest day every week. Usually on Sunday, but sometimes Saturday works better. It's actually not a discipline... we just NEED to stop and slow down and so we do. God bless you in your resting! :~D

Susan Skitt said...

We all need a rest for sure, that's why God incorporated it into the weekday :)

Much love to you and I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff