Thursday, March 6, 2008

Walmart-seriously what is it?

5 comments
 
The battle started in the parking lot. Seriously do people not work these days. It was 4:30pm. I thought working hours were 8-5 but apparently that is not true for the majority. When I finally found a decent parking spot which I usually avoid searching for all together but being on a sprained ankle I decided to keep an eye out. I found one maybe a half of a football field away.

I was in a foul mood-foul I tell you. I did not feel like dealing with people today. Do you ever feel that way? I did not feel like being nice. I did not feel like shining my light. I felt foul just foul.

Well, knowing that acting out my foulness was unacceptable, I muttered a sad prayer and went on in. My strategy was just not to look at anyone if I could help it. I noticed myself muttering my list to myself-in a whisper with my lips moving. What a site I must have been. I may have heard an announcement ordering security to check sector one. It was probably for me because I must have looked plain mad.

I piled things up in my cart. I needed serious groceries. The kind that fill the top and bottom of the cart. But I was on a sprain. Walmart has to be a couple of miles long. I got the work out of all workouts today! I needed stuff not only on the food side but also the non-food side.Ugghh.

It is just a necessary evil. I have a love-hate relationship with this place. It is the most bizarre thing I tell you. Finally being pretty successful at not being noticed by other customers it was time to check out. Check out girl was not a bit interested in me (she was in an intense complaint session with another employee about the customer before me) which was fine by me because I was flat tired I tell you. I just wanted to fall out on the floor and never get back up. My ankle was throbbing and I was done. I just wished that I could be invisible.

I mustered all my strength to collect my what seemed like two hundred bags of groceries and left that place worse off than I came. I passed the greeter guy on the way out and well I didn't have to smile at him either because he was busy picking at his elbow. So invisible I left. Some days I wish I just could be invisible. It would make things a whole lot easier. Yet, that is not possible.

On days we don't feel like it we have to be intentional about shining out light. We have to chose to be nice and kind by walking in the Spirit. We have to resist the devil so he will flee and draw near to God. In all of my weakness that is the only thing that got me through. I do think God knew my desire but also knew my weakness. His grace was sufficient for me-maybe He did allow me to be invisible today at Walmart. Nothing is impossible for Him.

This is just the ramblings of my head today. Sorry if I lost you today. Just lift a prayer will ya? A girl can use it on days like this!

*****UPDATE-This was from yesterday. Today I woke up in quite a better mood. :)

5 comments:

Cheri said...

I was in a cranky mood on Wednesday also. I told my sister on the way to pain at my dads that I was warning her- I was grumpy.
The day got much better- I think it's time for spring-alot of people are feeling cranky these days!

Susan Skitt said...

I'm glad you're feeling better today. I'm sure the "mood" had something to do with a very sore ankle?

Lifting up a prayer for you my friend. You and that WalMart... (smile) Gotta love it!

Kathy said...

Oh, can I ever relate to this, Sister! I had a horrible WalMart experience a few weeks ago and unfortunately, the enemy took a toehold and managed a quite a victory that day. You've inspired me to possibly post about that on my blog. Thanks for being real.

ocean mommy said...

I SOOOOO hear you!

praying that the "foul" will flee for a good long time!!!!

Love you
steph.

Ceci G. said...

I can so relate to this. My husband oftens asks me to stop at Safeway on the way home from work to pick up one or two items. Normally, stopping to pick up an item or two is no big deal, but over the last three months (I'm pregnant and have been showing since before Christmas) it has become my least favorite place to be. Drivers have stopped in the crosswalk in front of me, leaving me standing there pregnant in 6 inches of snow. Or, my favorite was the cashier who asked three healthy young men in the express line if they needed help carrying their groceries out (the express line!), only to ignore me trying to hoist out two gallons of milk!

Sometimes it has taken everything within me not to scream or cry! Thanks for sharing what we all experience but most of us don't want to admit!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff