Saturday, March 15, 2008

I FOUND IT!

9 comments
 
Then sings my soul Saturday is hosted at Amy's blog. Go over and check it out. Basically it is us grouping up to share what songs have ministered to us.

I have been searching for this treasure of a song for a couple of months now. I just found it and at the right time. I have heard it on the radio twice but never any idea who it was by. It is a Trevor Morgan song. It is based on those verses from Zephaniah 3:17. The one I was teaching to my girls. Here are the lyrics:
The Lord your God is with you.
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you.
He will quiet you with his love.

Chorus:
He will rejoice over you with singing.
He will rejoice over you with his song.
He will rejoice over you with singing.
He will rejoice over you with his song. Yeah.

Bridge:
And through the night (In your darkest hour)
When you are tired (And you've lost all hope)
He will hold you tight

You can listen to it on his myspace page here.

It is very appropriate because we do need to remember when we are going through a dark night or hour, when we are barely hanging on to hope of Him-God is with us. He sings over us. He rejoices over us. He does hold us tight. He gives us comfort, peace, and hope. I hope it blesses you!

9 comments:

Carol said...

What a great song. I love that verse, too.

ocean mommy said...

Beautiful...

Love you!
Steph.


(and it's so cool to see my TN Siesta's "meeting" my GA Siesta's, it blesses my heart!)

Ceci G. said...

I really like that song. I had never heard of the artist, but his other songs are nice too. Makes me wonder how many other not so "famous" Christian artists are out there writing and recording wonderfully uplifting music. Thanks for turning us onto this song!

Cheri said...

Hi, glad you came by my blog. I am going to have to check out that book you told me about!

Great song here!

Kimberly said...

I love that Bible verse!
And what a great song! I have never heard of Trevor Morgan. Thanks so much for sharing this song! I love this meme! What a great way to find new songs that glorify God!
Blessings,
Kimberly

Cheri said...

What a beautiful song and powerful words!

Susan Skitt said...

Love it Angie! Thanks for linking us to the song. BTW - my six-year-old started singing while I was getting his breakfast before church this morning. He said, "Mommy, I'm making up this song for God." I don't remember all the words but it was about God being with him. I thought of the verses you've been teaching your girls in Zephaniah. I said, "Your song makes God glad. Did you know that God sings for you too?" That does give us a different perspective, doesn't it? Thanks my friend!

Susannah said...

There's something amazing about the thought that God would rejoice over us with singing. :~D
A beautiful song and verse.

Blessings,

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Amy Wyatt said...

My friend Janet has just written a song about this verse too. I just love it! Her daughter Darby says that the song God sings over her is Jesus Loves Me. Doesn't he sing that one over us all!
Thanks for joining TSMS. Hope you will participate next Saturday too.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff