Thursday, March 20, 2008

In a Flash

13 comments
 
The Parsley family were living life like usual. Things were the way they always were. Dad went to work, Mom stayed home with the kids. Kids gave mom a hard time. And the cycle goes on. Day by day little by little they start to get trapped in the mundane of things. No adventure, no excitement. Life is "normal." Soon they start to fall in the pit of taking each other for granted. Then one day everything changed.

They get a scare. Life seems not so predictable anymore. They realize that they may not have each other as long as they once thought. In an instant everything changes. No warning, no hints, the reality of how short-term life is hits them.

Then they woke up to the reality that life was not meant to be lived in the mundane at all. Jesus came to give us a life that is enjoyable, full, and abundant (John 10:10). Maybe it is time that they start realizing that.

This is what has been going on lately in our lives lately. Life is short. It is but a breath. Let us be sure we do not waste it or take one another for granted.

13 comments:

Technonana said...

Sweet Child, I don't know what you are going through, but I know how short life is!! We should NEVER take anything for granted. There have many times in my life that all I had to hold onto was Jesus. I can't imagine what life would be like without Him.
I pray that you will find your rest and peace in Christ.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Amen and "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so"- that He is our Sustainer, Our Provider, Our Healer,Our Savior....our All.

Kim S in SC said...

Praying with you Angela! That in the midst of your life turning upside down or sideways that you will know and experience the peace of being held by your Father, our Savior!

Susannah said...

Absolutely. Life is precious, and should be savored each and every day. I'm singing His praises this morning!

Have a joyous Easter, Angela.

Love ya,

e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Cheri said...

What true words. Sometimes, these moments make things so clear.
You know you're in my prayers.

Christina said...

What a nice wake up call you just gave me. It seems the mundane sometimes gets a hold of me and then I am taking my family for granted. I will make sure to take these words to heart.

Ceci G. said...

I think all of us have within us the ability to take life and everything about it for granted. When things are good, we forget that they weren't always that way.

I pray that this Easter weekend you are washed in the grace of Christ's blood and that your family is renewed by the Easter blessing!

tammi said...

Oh Angela, I haven't been here for a while, so I read through your last several posts. How beautiful to see your faith remains strong and I pray that you and your husband will have many happy years of living each day to the fullest.

Living Beyond said...

AMEN sweet lady - I am praying by faith and told the Lord all about and your concerns today and I JUST KNOW He heard me.

May Jehovah Shammah overwhelm you with His peace.

You are loved by your ABBA Father -I felt His approval over you as I prayed!

Your sister together with you on this journey called life!!

Darla said...

Praying for you and your hubs! Thsnks for keeping posted. love you Princess!

Amy Wyatt said...

Praying for you and your husband.

Anonymous said...

I've been out of the "blog loop" lately, but I pray that all is well.

ocean mommy said...

You know I'm praying and love you guys bunches.

Remember, we're having a praise party!

love you
steph.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff