Monday, March 31, 2008

Please Do Not Be Lead Astray-Oprah's New New Age Movement

10 comments
 
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter. ~Isaiah 5:2

I am not sure about the book they are advertising here and do not endorse it but the info is very scary at how easily people can be lead astray. Here is truth-God is love(1 John 4:16)-that is truth. God does not want anyone to perish(2 Peter 3:9, John 3:16)-That is truth. Yet God gives us a choice and in that choice there is only ONE way(John 14:6)-That is truth. Please pray for all these people who have been lead astray but especially for the source-Oprah-Father, forgive her for she doesn't know what she is doing(Luke 23:34). I cannot help but remember how Adam and Eve were deceived in the garden by the serpent twisting Scripture. That is what we see here. Then Jesus was tempted by the same serpent in the wilderness and He knew the truth-it is only the truth that will set you free (John 8:32) and make the devil and his lies flee(James 4:7).

10 comments:

Cheri said...

Angela,
I completely agree with you. I quit watching her show awhile back because she is truly deceiving so many people.
It's scary because so many people look up to her and just accept what she says as truth.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I have also stopped watching Oprah for this reason. Please pray for my sister, Jen, who has been completely sucked in by this and by the book/movie "The Secret." Thank-you for boldly proclaiming the Truth!

Kathy said...

Thanks for posting about this. I had a friend telling me the other day that her sister was reading this and she was worried about the untruths her sister is accepting. Given her influence, maybe we should all be praying for Oprah...that God convict her and open her eyes. Can you imagine how God could work through THAT?!

Susannah said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Oprah is totally deceived, and it's scary that she has such an enormous influence. More work in the kingdom ahead for us!

BTW, I follow the informative Lighthouse blog, and they post about the New Age and Oprah from time to time. :~D

Ceci G. said...

Thanks for sharing this. I have never been an Oprah watcher myself, but I have tons of friends who TiVo it everyday. It is important to know what we are fighting against, and I feel far better equipped to answer their questions or battle their beliefs. Thanks!

Faith said...

I'm glad you posted this; it really is scary how deceived she is and how much influence she has. Especially concerns me when I hear really Bible-believing Christians saying, "Oh, I just love Oprah! She's such a great role model," etc. Scary!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Thank you for sharing that. I don't have tv in my house so I didn't know she was that bad. Instead of her getting lost thinking God was jealous of her then running to a whole other way she should have sought God's word out for herself and noticed that He was jealous FOR her, and He still wants her! How sad ;o(.

Anonymous said...

I, too, lost interest in Oprah after I saw her get so exited about the book "The Secret". It's truly amazing how much control she has over not only this new movement, but also in politics. Scary really.

Christina said...

I have to agree with you. There is only one way to put what she is preaching into perspective. This is crap. Pardon me, but this stuff makes me so mad. Has she not been watching what this new age stuff is doing to our children. has she not looked at the world. Come on, isn't it obvious that this garbage has been deceiving people for too long now.

Amy Wyatt said...

I agree that this is so sad. I have a post brewing in my head about it too, but I have to get past the emotions first.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff