Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Process

12 comments
 
When I was 22, God started pulling me toward Him like never before. A pretty worldly kid, by the grace of God, started work at a wonderful ministry. It was here that I was challenged by God more than ever. It was here that God started to show me what I really was.

I decided at this time to fully surrender myself to God. Although my hearts intent was pure I realized this growing more into the image of God was truly a long process. There was much grace given in this period. Then I prayed that prayer, Lord do whatever it takes for me to be what you want me to be. At this surrender, boy did God really start working hard on me.

Psalm 42:1 (that we founded our Refresh My Soul Ministry on) states, "As a deer pants for streams of water, so my soul thirsts for you, Oh God." This is what God started showing me. My soul started to thirst for God. At times I would be quenched by His living water, at other times I would feel like a dry and cracked ground. Desperately needing a downpour of Him.

It was after I had my first child that God started to really show me my true self without Him. Boy did I mourn over this. Without Him, I was vile and filthy. No pure thing was even in my heart. It is so important to see ourselves this way. God moved HUGE in this time. I call this my sack cloth and ashes period.

When He knew I had all I could He transitioned me into the love period. It was during this time that God showed me how much He really loved me despite myself. He was the one working on me. He was the one who purified me through His son. I was just to continue to surrender. He truly lavished His love on me during this time. It was such a sweet time of fellowship.

Today, as I am about to turn 32, I am in a quiet/reflective period. I am not sure what it is all about except for even deeper reflection. I have a new found interest in the classics. I am enjoying the company of George Mueller, Oswald Chambers, and E.M. Bounds. I just thirst for that pursuit of God. As I read of their lives I see a process they had to come through as well. We are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. It is a continual moment. A continue work in progress until our last breath. At this moment, God is peeling away layers in this time of quiet and refection. I have grown to enjoy it. I have also learned that as soon as I seem to finally enjoy the period God has me in, He moves me in another one.

I just pray for each one of you today. I so enjoy reflecting on your blogs and words. They inspire me as I lift you up in prayer. I desire to continue to see God moving in each of our lives, growing us up together in Him. Making us all look more like Him as we decrease so He can increase. We are all somewhere in this process so it gives us all something in common. May we continue to spur one another on in Him.

12 comments:

ocean mommy said...

You always challenge me and encourage me to pull in a little closer to our God. Thank you for that!!

Love you
steph.

tammi said...

Thank you for baring your heart and sharing your testimony. You've encouraged me so much to seek God, only God, and more importantly, to allow Him to speak to me and through me.

Susan Skitt said...

What an encouraging post Angie girl. Refreshed here once again. I love to hear where God is taking people on their journey with Him. I love when you said, "I just thirst for that pursuit of God." He's there, waiting for us always. Oh to know Him more...

Leah Adams said...

I can so identify with your comment about seeing how vile you really could be. The Lord reminds me often "from whence I came" and I don't ever want to go back there. It is CRUCIAL for me to stay in His Word via an indepth Bible study and daily prayer so that I never do go back or go to a place of heinous sin again.

Thank you so much for this wonderful reflective post. I so enjoy reading what you write and it blesses my soul.

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

Cheri said...

Angela,
What a great post. That is so true that just when you start to get comfortable where you are that God moves us on. I'm thankful for that because that's the only way we continue to grow in Him.
You are such a blessing to so many people- thanks for touching so many lives!

Kathy said...

Angela, thanks for being transparent. It is so important to settle our spirit, to take times of reflection, to honor and worship our King in fresh and vibrant ways. I'll be praying for you as God does a new work in your heart.

Praise and Coffee said...

Isn't it wonderful as we all dance this dance of life, to have so many friends to share it with!

Beautiful post,
Sue

Susannah said...

Amen... let's all continue to grow in the Lord. Happy 32nd Birthday! :~D

Anonymous said...

CS Lewis said it best-"HE is not safe but HE is good"..Amen? This road to purity and holiness is not easy, and being a Christ follower is not for wimps...although HE can use those too! Its the end result that we have to keep foremost..and that is exactly how God looks at us..HE sees us through the blood of Jesus and sees what HE is changing us into..I am so sure that when HE looks at you HE smiles at HIS precious Princess who just keeps trying. Love you! Darla (having trouble posting on here)

http://4evrhis.wordpress.com

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Peeling away the layers- yes. That's what God is doing. And sometimes I feel more and more dangerously exposed, and more and more relieved that He is not playing games with me, that He is purifying me and doing it with a vengeance...and with such love.

Amen sister.

Faith said...

Thank you for sharing of yourself in this post; you bless me, Siesta. And how fun to discover that we are the same age! (Well, you're just a few months ahead of me. ;)) Let me know what 32's like, OK?

Susannah said...

P.S. Just a friendly reminder that today is Marriage Monday. I hope you'll join us.

e-Dad is offering a Songs of Solomon Perfume Giveaway. Come sniff things out!

Blessings, e-Mom

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff