Monday, November 12, 2007

The Counterfeit

3 comments
 

It has been sixteen days of my forty day journey without a cafe mocha. It was a challenge at first. But it is getting easier. So today I went to Starbucks and decided to get a peppermint Hot Chocolate. The lady who served me said, "Are you not a coffee drinker?" "Because we have a very delicious Peppermint Cafe Mocha with right espresso mix. It is delicious." I just thought, oh yes I know, all too well.

The Peppermint hot chocolate was good but it was not the same thing. It is a counterfeit of the best thing. I think that is very true of how satan tries to entice us with things. For every good thing that God has provided, satan will come up with a counterfeit. Be aware and keep your eyes opened to his schemes.

Through Christ we have the victory and He came to give us life most abundantly. He gave us the best thing not the counterfeit. If you are living with counterfeit then turn around and go after the real thing. God wants nothing less for us but it is a choice to go after it. The abundant life is ours for the taking but it is only ours when we chose to walk in the Spirit and not gratify the desires of our flesh. It is a choice. A choice only each one of us individually can make.

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Love this!!!!

And I'm proud of you for sticking with hot choc. instead of the mocha. That speaks of the power of God in you. :)

love you
steph.

Cheri said...

When I got groceries Saturday I got a peppermint hot chocolate too. I loved it because I don't like coffee!

Anonymous said...

Great job, day 16 of the mocha challenge!

Btw...haven't been able to visit in a while...I like the ice cubes! :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff