Saturday, April 7, 2007

Some common ground

0 comments
 
Hey all! I am really kind of mixed up right now. First about a week ago, I woke up all stuffed up and looked out my window and it was the land of the yellow! Pollen had what looked like an explosion and was all over the place. It was crazy! My white minivan now took on a nice shade of yellow. Actually every car that I passed on the road sported this new shade. And it got hot. Really hot. I thought we skipped spring and moved right into summer. But then yesterday and today it hit winter again! It is now so very cold and I have heard reports of some snow. How crazy is that? Okay now I have that off my chest, off to the topic of common ground.

When you are married it is important that you find some interest to share with your mate. My parents took up square dancing and it has brought them closer. It is something they really love so I thought I needed something like that to share with my husband. Square dancing was out of the question for us though so in trying to find an activity to have in common with my him, I joined an online gaming group called Christian Gamers Online. It is found at http://www.christiangamers.net/. Now I do not "game,"(perhaps one day he will persuade me) however, what I found there was a nice place to fellowship and share God's word. This group is like a little family to us and we are glad to be a part of it. The people in this ministry are from all parts of the country. It amazes me that God has given us this technology to reach others from around the world.

So today we met a really nice couple from this group. They were heading home from a Disney trip and since Chattanooga is a pass through place we got to meet them for the first time in person. This was a fun thing to do. All of our children played at McDonald's play land and we chatted. Now if you know me this type of thing is EXTREMELY hard for me because I am so very shy. I find it hard to talk to people I do not know. I do know that this probably finds itself rooted in pride but God is working that out of me. I am finding out that the common bond that we hold with others in the Lord makes it easy for us to talk. That is a special blessing from God. Thanks for sharing your lives with us! May God bless you!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff