Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Great Job

2 comments
 
What do you do all day? This is a funny question that people ask me when they find out that I stay home with our two precious children. I am just amazed at that question. I still have not found a proper way to answer it. Of course any of you moms out there completely understand what I am talking about. So, I thought I would take a moment and explain. We don't have normal predictive schedules like everyone else. We have what I like to call go with the flow type of days. We get out on play dates with friends a couple times of week as God allows and lines those up. We learn many things including the most important things about God. Most days we have some sort of chore to do to keep the house in order. On this particular day (pictured above) we had run out to pick some stuff up from the grocery store and stopped by the drive thru at Taco Bell for lunch (rarely do we dine in anywhere alone because of unpredictability!). When we returned Hannah HAD to change into her princess PJ's. And we did the project that my precious Kaitlyn begged me for a few days to do. They made rice shakers and you would think it was the greatest thing ever! On the table there are a few bills I have laid out to handle when a moment comes by. Also, we picked up the latest cookie mix for the Easy Bake Oven which was coming next. In my spare time I write, read, and study my Bible. So really each day looks different but is filled with tasks that need to get done. So...if that helps any to answer the question. Most days are invested in redirecting and training my girls to live a godly life. You have to be alert and on your toes to teach these lessons as they come. Life lessons are the best ones.
On a recent trip to Walmart we had to wait in a longer than normal pharmacy line. My children were precious angels. The lady waiting on me heard them say, "yes ma'am" and saw the sweetest conduct. She commented to me how lucky I was. I just thought if you only knew. Minutes before we got out of the van to come in they were having the biggest fight of the century. I could take them again two hours later and HUGE fights could take place. I wonder what would be said then? God is teaching me unconditional love and that means loving through all circumstances, good and bad. I am so blessed to get to do this awesome job. My children teach me so much and it is the best thing I have gotten to do yet (as well as the hardest!). So for you moms out there. I am definitely in the trenches alongside you and I want to encourage you to keep up training them and don't give up! No matter how many times you have to redirect and discipline for wiping peanut butter on the television. One day it will stick. Parenting is definitely a walk of faith.




2 comments:

Diana Simpson said...

Parenting.... its so easy I don't know what you were talking about!! ha ha then I realized that I was dreaming.. :) I love you guys and can't wait to see how this thing developes!

ocean mommy said...

Hmmmm, what are we going to do when they don't want to do arts and crafts anymore? What's a day without a little glitter!! Love you girl.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff