Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Sweet Weekend

9 comments
 
Last night we had the best babysitters in the world come to our home and watch my children and three of their other wonderful friends. While the sitters were here, My hubbie and I, along with several other couples, went out to see the movie Fireproof. I need to tell you that this is an amazing movie! You have to go and see it if you have not yet.

After the movie we went out with our friends to Panera and just had a good time of fellowship with one another. When we returned home the house was clean and the girls had a show prepared for us. They were so stinkin' cute!

Today my oldest got baptized in the church. She has such a sweet heart for God. She was actually already baptized in the bathtub because she was just like the Ethiopian in the story of Phillip and the Ethiopian in Acts. Immediately when she gave her heart to God she wanted to be baptized, waiting was not an option. As soon as Daddy came home she was baptized.
Today she wanted to do it in front of the church body to show everyone her heart belongs to Jesus. She also wanted to support her sister who was planning on doing it as well today. Unfortunately the fear she had of all those people watching kept her from doing it today. But I told her not to worry, she could do it anytime and anywhere she wanted to. So she watched her sister and cheered for her.

It was also a sweet moment because the pastor that knew them best got to do it. He was our support when we were leading the college group so he got to see all the good, bad, and ugly of the children through the past five years! Especially the good stuff like traveling on retreats and such.

It was also sweet because their god-mother was present assisting the entire time. Another sweet moment was my prayer partner and her children who are great friends of the girls were present as well. All of us up in the small baptistery area. It was nice though. My favorite part was that the day of the baptism was during an amazing message on prayer-the conclusion of a great 7 -part series my pastor has been preaching. If interested you can listen to it on his blog from my sidebar.

Hope you all had a blessed weekend.

9 comments:

Robin said...

a wonderful weekend indeed:)
blessings~

Kate said...

This moment is a highlight of parenting isn't it? I just love that she was baptized in the bathtub by her daddy first. That is awesome.

Kate

Dorothy Champagne said...

The number one most important thing we do for our children is show them God's love and Jesus' salvation. Congratulations! Good Job Mom!

Kay Martin said...

This is a great weekend for your family! Love the picture. Your children are beautiful and I love your testimonies of God in them.

YOu deserve a life-giving weekend.

Cheri said...

I don't think much could top that weekend- how wonderful your daughters getting baptized.

I've heard really good things about that movie too.

Faith said...

How exciting! I am blessed reading about your daughter's heart for God and her enthusiasm in getting baptized right away. I just love that.

Your date night sounds wonderful, too! My hubby and I want to go see Fireproof asap.

ocean mommy said...

What a beautiful weekend!

Wish I could have been there to see it!

hugs,
steph.

Christina said...

This always warms my heart to see a young one baptized. It sounded like a wonderful time and I really enjoyed the picture.

Ms. Anita said...

Thanks for posting the photo and story of her baptism!

(And, thanks for the comment on one of my multiple blogs. - LOL)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff