Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Hit the Malta News

9 comments
 
It has always interested me that anyone can view our blogs from around the world at anytime. What a great opportunity we have to reach across the world with electronic media. This is exactly one of the reasons that Refresh My Soul Ministries exists. So, it is a blessing that this blog was posted on a site across the globe. May God have the glory in that.

My pastor's blog and my blog both appeared on a Malta Media blog called Wired Malta.
It is described as, "a global window on Maltese culture, news, society, people, history and blogs with a focus on how Malta is seen by others. This daily blog created by Robert Micallef was formerly known as Wired Temples."

Unfortunately some people who read our perspectives about our trip took our posts as offensive. This was not the intention or case at all. As my readers know this blog is all about the love of Christ. I look at all of life through a biblical world view. I can also say that of my pastor's blog as well.

If you take any time to really read through my posts you will realize that my posts are not meant to offend but to bring glory to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Also, if you read the post that follows the one featured on Wired Malta you will also see how God put a great love in my heart for the Maltese island and Maltese people. I love Malta and hope there are many things we can do to assist our brothers and sisters over there to make this world a better place. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this further. I would be more than happy to speak with you not to push my view but to hear your concerns and talk them through with you.

9 comments:

Kay Martin said...

Cultures within the U.S. are so different that we can easily be misunderstood. I can only imagine what happens when our words go across the web and encounter all the different cultures.

Since I use humor on my blog often I shudder sometimes to imagine what some of my international readers may consider I mean with some of my satire.

Angela, your compassionate heart comes through everything you write and say. If they read enough of your blog they will get you. When they do, they will love you.

I have had prayer requests coming in unusual volume in the last few days from people like you on the frontline of spiritual happenings.

So, I imagine there had to be something to try to steal what God is doing through all of you.

Be blessed and thank Him. People from Malta will be showing up here. If any of them are reading this now: Welcome, Angela has had me loving and concerned for you for weeks.

Dorothy Champagne said...

Girl, Be Encouraged!

You have Satan bearing down on you! That means you're doing something great for the King. Do NOT be discouraged! The comments from that other blog just prove what you are saying about your visit.
God is using you! Don't stop now. . .

Cheri said...

It's so hard when your words are misunderstood.
Hopefully they will really look at your words and see your heart!

Susannah said...

I followed your links and read the local Malta news... very cool that you were quoted. Your ministry there is awesome, even if it's misunderstood by some. :~D

But it's a good reminder that although we have a certain bloggy audience in mind when we write, we should widen our perspective... the whole world is at our doorstep! (Hugs)

ocean mommy said...

Wow! Keep pressing on AND IN! God is using you girl!!! I'm so proud of you. :)

steph.

mandy said...

Wow. What a situation! Don't let this slow you down from blogging...

Kathy said...

Angela, don't be discouraged. We do serve the world - and many don't understand. It's a reminder to me - and hopefully all bloggers - that our words are out there for all to read and even misunderstand. Your heart is for God's mission. Just keep following Jesus and remember that Jesus was often misunderstood. Kathy

Susan Skitt said...

Keep writing the truth Ang, you do it with love!

Praise and Coffee said...

That's awesome, congratulations!!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff