Wednesday, July 2, 2008

United We Stand?

5 comments
 
This is the the bumper sticker I saw on a car today as it drove by, "United We Stand". I pondered that thought-united we stand-It made me wonder how long it has been since our country has been united. It seems like a really long time ago. We can only stand if we are united. This wisdom comes from the Bible which states, "a house divided against itself cannot stand" (Mark 3:25).

That is why our country is in chaos. We are completely divided. Not only with these upcoming elections. We have a huge number of people in our country who even are unwilling to accept true history showing how much our founding fathers were rooted in God. Hello, our money states, In God we trust. Yet I look around and I see a lot of in me I trust. It grieves my heart.

I found a quote that states these thoughts well.
"For a people to boast in the glory of the past, and to deny the secret that made the past, is to perish."
~G. Campbell Morgan

That statement is wisdom. We will perish if we deny the "secret" that got us to where we are today. It should be no secret because it is clearly God. It is God who blesses a country and God who lets one fall. All things are in His hands. In all our chaos and self-centeredness we are in danger of a fall. We need to repent and turn to God with our whole hearts and perhaps He will heal our land like He spoke of to King Solomon (2 Chronicles 7:14).

He is willing but the question is are we? So, as we celebrate the 4th of July in this country of America. Can we seek out God with our whole hearts? I am speaking to my brothers and sisters here. Judgement will start in the house of the Lord. He is the one after all who calls for unity. We are to be the example to the world. Can we truly stand unity under the umbrella of God again? I hope so. Lord forgive us.

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Great post! These are things that we all should think about.

Have a great day!

ocean mommy said...

You Go Girl! That was awesome....

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Angela, as I read your post, I think..."If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land...2 Chronicles 7:14. Much needed post. Have a blessed 4th.

Sanya

Christina said...

Amen. I have been telling everyone that I think the high gas prices are God's way of saying "wake up America," you have everything you ever needed and you are still spoiled and turning farther and farther from me. Just my opinion. It's like God is trying to give us a little nudge and the nudge is going to get bigger and bigger until we actually do wake up so I have to say I am in total agreement with this post.

Little Steps Of Faith said...

sweeti7147@aol.com


also, I need your help with something, come see my blog today:)

Ang

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff