Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Story I Have To Share

6 comments
 
I have a fear. It is a realistic fear yet irrational in nature. I have a hard time going outside and walking in the woods and grass. I want my children to experience this but it was these experiences that robbed me of a normal life.

At one point in my past I was infected with the Lyme disease bacteria. When it started to attack my body my health declined swiftly. I was unsure of what was happening. My test results kept coming back fine. I was told it was in my head. Yet I continued to decline in health.

God lead me to a doctor who treated Lyme disease in Missouri. God used him to start a treatment that saved my life. A few times I thought I was losing the battle and really wished I did but God had other plans. After seven years of battle God miraculously took it away overnight. It was a wonderful miracle. This past June I celebrated my three year mark of being Lyme free. Yet the one problem I suffer is that since then my full strength has never truly returned.

God is good though and reminds me everyday that I need to cast those cares on Him. His grace is sufficient for me. He will never leave or forsake me.

I need to share my story because this is a VERY serious illness and though not all ticks carry the bacteria, some do. Please pray for these patients and the doctors brave enough to treat them. I wanted to share with you a CNN news story on this issue that can be viewed here.

Also, this is a great video worth watching to help explain this horrible illness. I am sure you probably know someone going through it or someone who is sick but no one knows what is going on with them.

6 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

I am so sorry to hear about all you have suffered with this my friend. I will continue to pray for God's daily strength. Praise Him that you no longer have Lyme's.

(I used to do testing in the laboratory for Lymes disease.)

ocean mommy said...

:) Praise The Lord for three healthy years. :) I have tears reading this and remembering back to those days before you found your Dr.

Praise the Lord!
steph.

Kay Martin said...

Thank God, He reached down and saved you, Angela. Until I read this I never considered the fears Lymes disease patients have when they encounter places where ticks usually live.

Your heart for your children over your own apprehension grabbed my heart. Yes, you must share the good and the bad with us. How else will we ever grow and know?

You are the most beautiful miracle I've seen in a long time!!!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea Lyme disease could be so serious. That's shocking to me.

Anonymous said...

I've never had lyme disease, but ticks absolutely "freak me out!" I'm an Army brat, but none of the places I lived (growing up) had ticks like where I currently live.

On my youngest daughter's third birthday (in May '05), I put her hair in pigtails. I was horrifed to find a tick on her scalp! Now, I can hardly stand to find them ANYwhere... on a tree stump, in the grass, on an animal, on a person --- YUCK!

I love trees, but I avoid them as much as possible during the summer.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Thank you for this informative video. Boy, I need to read up on the matter.

peace~elaine

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff