Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Some Sad News

6 comments
 
I have bittersweet feelings about this post. The Starbucks that is near me is closing. There are around 600 stores closing. You can read about it on their site here.

Sad because I love me some Starbucks Cafe Mocha. Happy because I spend way too much on these drinks.

***************Update-So I made a trip out to our Starbucks today for a last time drink and well I was told they would not be closing only the one on Hwy 58 (for those of you who know where that is). YEAH but now I realize I just need to have some self control.

Some interesting conversation while in pursuit.
H-Mom, I am going to be late.
Mom-For what baby?
H-My sleepover and we are going to have brownies.
Mom-Okay well where is it?
H-I don't know.
Mom-Okay well, whose party is it?
H-I forgot her name.
Mom-Well then I guess we will not be able to get there honey.
H-I did know her name but I forgot(still not getting why we cannot go.)
Conversation got changed so all is well! This is the second or third time this has been brought up this week. The mystery party it must be a top secret list! :)

6 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Is that the one on 153? I heard they were closing the one on Hwy 58 and was very sad...that is the one I go to when I come home to visit my parents!!!

Dorothy Champagne said...

Hey! I know it's not time yet to discuss our devotions, but a thought hit me, so I thought I'd leave a note. I get so excited about the little things that go on in the lives of these people - That's why I started my own blog on Tamar after I finished Esther.
Anyway, When Samuel is told by God to find the king at Jessie's house in 1 Samuel 16 and they are having this little conversation - do you think that God is speaking audibly here? Is Samuel actually 'hearing' God or is it an inner voice? Just curious about this because of what happens in the next few verses. I would love some opinions...

Susannah said...

OL, you made me look at the list! So far, ours is staying open. We actually have two nearby, and several other great coffee shops to boot--normal I suppose for the city that spawned Starbucks in the first place.

Sorry for your loss... :~(

Anonymous said...

I love these types of conversations with kids. That she would be concerned about missing a sleep over for a girl she doesn't even know! LOL! Who cares about the girl? There's going to be chocolate there and every girl knows ya can't miss that! :)

Amy Wyatt said...

I haven' been by to visit much because of our summer schedule but I wanted to let you know I left you an award over at my site. Come by to visit.

Faith said...

What an adorable convo! :) Glad your Starbucks is staying open. ;)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff