Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Book Review: The Things of Earth by Joe Rigby

0 comments
 


This book is a great read for all Christians. I make this statement because in some ways I see a lot of unbalance in our walks as Christians when it comes to our possessions. We seem to like to take extremes (by living with nothing or overindulging) when deciding what to do with the gifts that God gives us or perhaps we do not see all things as gifts from God. Either way, in America, especially, I see an unbalanced stance on this issue and that is why this book is needed!

Joe Rigby is a great writer who is engaging and able to talk (in words) in a way that is full of wisdom and by wisdom I mean the wisdom that comes from God that is "first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and 
sincere" (James 3:17). 

I appreciated this book because at times I felt conviction from the Spirit but then immediately washed anew with the grace of the gospel. God used this book to open my eyes to the ways that I am tempted to lean on the edges of either side of the extremes and has corrected me by His word and the author's words through out this book. I honestly feel freer after reading it which is why I think all believers should read it. Of course the author also comes before us humbly by his words knowing he can error and people can misunderstand the message but if you have a grasp of the gospel you will come out stronger in the Lord after reading this. 
This book addresses the things we have, helps us see them as gifts given by God, instructs us on how to enjoy these things without guilt and with generosity not holding them too tightly. It is wonderful and worth your time. I believe it is an important book for a time such as this.

You can get a copy of this book from amazon here.


I received an e-book of this title from Crossway free of charge for the purpose of an honest review.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff