Thursday, May 6, 2010

Siesta Meet up and So Long Insecurity

5 comments
 
so I just have to post about my So Long Insecurity weekend. Beth really brought it. Teaching through Ephesians 4. Really good stuff. I mean the stuff that you need to hear but sometimes don't want to. Love how she just brings the word. That is it. Love that because it is the Word that transforms.

Travis Cottrell and praise team lead worship and boy do they always bring it! Just love them anytime I get to worship with them.

Also, got to hang out with the sweetest ladies who actually attend this massive church, Woodstock Baptist. They are the sweetest and most real things. I just love them so much. We got to worship with 10000 women at once. That was an experience. And some of us needed the worship time because some people had totally lost their cool in that mess. But we are all works in progress, amen?!

Meeting with siestas was a fabulous time as well. Tammy and Angie got us organized. We got to eat together and share together. I also was asked to share my testimony....so I shared about God's faithfulness even through our trials. My legs were very weak this day so I am sitting to talk NOT sing!


Sweet Stephanie lead us in worship. I just love her and the songs that God gives to her. She is a precious gem and real life friend.

Lisa Mckay then shared a sweet message of redemption. It was great!


Lora shared an amazing poem. You gotta check it out on her blog. So good! I also stole her pics from her blog!! But I know she doesn't mind cuz we are siestas and that's just how I role!


Tammy from above also shared a sweet message of encouragement to endure with those you are waiting on to accept the Lord. Loved that.

All this was wrapped in meeting new siestas for the first time in real life, getting to drive and hang out with one of my best friends, Tiffani ( a non blogger but indeed a siesta! :)) equals a great Saturday. I was so blessed to be a part. Oh and mama siesta aka Beth did not get to join us this time like last year but she did check in on us. What a sweet mama she is! :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like it was awesome! I didn't attend a simulcast but I'm hoping to attend a Living Proof Live Conference this year. They are my favorite conferences to go to.

How cool it must have been to meet up with the siestas!

Hope you're having a great week!
Karen

Denise said...

Sounds like an awesome time.

Unknown said...

I was so close to yall. Wish I could have been there.

Sheryl

God's girl said...

Me too!!! Sheryl. WIsh you were there too.

Thanks Karen!! Hope your having a great week too. :)

Denise- it was fun!

Lora said...

Loved your recap! It was such a blessing to meet you and hear your testimony. You remind me so much of our pastor's wife when we lived in North Carolina.

Blessings to you this Mother's Day!

Lora

PS I'm so glad you liked the pictures! And you are so right - that is how we roll!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff