Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Look at Sin and Suffering

0 comments
 

All suffering is because of sin. Because of the fall in the garden of Eden sin entered into this world. Ever since disease, decay, death, and dying have been a part of our reality. That is not what God intended. He created a paradise with perfect conditions, however man always had a choice to keep that or give it up.

Unfortunately we know how the story goes. Our perfect untainted world was surrendered because of sin. The choice was made that decided God was not enough and we have suffered from it ever since. Why do we feel like God is holding something back from us?

Sin. That is the simplest reason as to why. We have a real enemy that prowls around looking for someone to devour or take captive. He does not fight fair. He disguises himself well. Before you know it you can fall straight into his trap. Sometimes not even knowing.

Sometimes our trials come into our lives because of sin. Not always. Sometimes we just suffer in this world because of its fallen condition. But it is always healthy to look at our hearts and pray like David did, "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 119:23-24).

I do this activity about once a year. For this season however long it lasts I have been called to suffer. The trials are often physically based. It is very good to examine my heart for any sin that may have made a home for itself in my heart. God brought this up to me several times last week. So I have a time of examination and confession. I use this great little booklet to help me examine my heart by Kay Arthur. It is great so check it out if this interests you, it is the one titled "Cleansing and Filling". After I was done I did see some areas that needed confession. After the process I felt lighter. It was nice. I felt God's presence closer than I had for awhile.

The trials may not leave but I know that I now have a clear conscience before the Lord. He is Lord. He is good. He is making me more into the image of Christ. What a privilege that is.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff