Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Book Review - Radical by David Platt

1 comments
 
A copy of this book was provided to me free of charge for the purpose of review for the publisher.

Radical is an amazing book. It is by far one on the top of my book favorites list of all time. For me, that statement is huge. I cannot stand reading a book that is not life altering. I feel it is a waste of my time. Our lives are so short. So that is where I am coming from when I write these reviews. You can tell if there is a certain passion or not in a book I am given by the review tone.

About Radical, if you are wanting to come to see God at a new deeper gospel driven place then I would say read this book. However, there is a stern warning as well. Do not read (I am so serious here) if you do not want to change. This book would not be for you. But if you are interested in being all God calls you to be in light of the current culture we live in in America do take the time to read this.

When I review a book I often think of the people in my life who may be interested in it. I for instance love books. I know not everyone shares this passion. However, if you want a read that will affect change in your life then take the time for this one. We are all so busy. So many things to do with our time but I believe that reading this will bring great glory to God as you let the Holy Spirit change you.

The author examines the American dream and how it does not always mesh with the gospel. We need to chose one or the other basically. Many of us are living with a great blind spot in front of us regarding the things that go along with our culture. The book includes wonderful examples and facts. It fanned the flame of my already weary heart filled with exasperation from this culture. It was a breath of fresh air to read indeed. Finally, I know that there are authors out there who do see these things and use their gifts for great purposes.

The end of this book includes a yearly challenge. Living more fully in all God has for us. I have already started and fully committed to this challenge. If you do it too please let me know. I would love to share the journey with you. I am hoping it will last for my lifetime.

To purchase a copy of this book from the publisher go here.
To purchase a copy of this book from Amazon go here.
To view the books website go here.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Awesome review.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff