Sunday, May 23, 2010

Feelings are Not Neccesarily Truth

1 comments
 
My thoughts often take me on a roller coaster ride. Then if I entertain them I often end up feeling as a roller coaster ride makes you feel--completely sick to my stomach. Honestly this truth needs to be brought into the light.

God tells us to renew our minds instead of being conformed to the image of this world (Romans 12). He also tells us to think about whatever is pure, praiseworthy, trustworthy, honorable, excellent, of good report, etc (Philippians 4:8). How often do my thoughts dwell on those things?

When I was at the wonderful conference in Atlanta with my good friend called, "So Long Insecurity: You Have Been a Bad Friend." (BTW it is Beth Moore's new book! Check it out!) The place was packed. There were 10,000 women in that place. CROWDED is not even a close enough word to describe the condition of the number of women pressed into that building. (I hope you are picturing this with me.)

It was so crowded that we struggled to find a seat. My sweet friend did her best to find us some that were easy enough to get in and out of. On this day my legs were not working well. It has been a struggle some days. The muscles just start having an uninvited panic attack I suppose would be a good way to describe it. This makes walking difficult.

The seats that we found placed mine right in front of a wheel chair. Now, one of my biggest fears has been needing a wheel chair. Can I tell you that this fear is incredibly vain! Seriously that is not a valid thing to be afraid of. However, I felt my mind wondering often to that thought. The idea of needing one of those to get around in consumed me.

God finally said it was enough. He spoke this to me over a course of fretting...what if you had to have one of those to get around, then what? Would I not still be in control? Would I not still be trustworthy? Would I still not be the same? Would it change how we relate? Would it change who you are? Would it change who I made you to be? I am you helper. In your weakness is my strength. My grace is sufficient. My power is made perfect in weakness. Just trust and lean on me. You are my princess and I adore you. Trust. You are an instrument for My glory.

Okay. I get it. Whatever the future holds is unknown. However one thing I can know and have is His peace. His power. His strength. He is good all the time because of WHO He is not WHAT He does. Lord, forgive me for equating what You do or don't do to Who my feelings make you out to be. Forgive me for not thinking of You as God alone being enough. Forgive me for thinking I am owed anything--especially legs that work. Thank You for choosing me and giving EVERYTHING to me through Your Son Jesus. Lord, I am so unworthy but You make me worthy and beautiful in Your site because of the cross. Because of Jesus. Because You are good. I trust You. Keep my thoughts rested on You.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

You are a strong woman of God my friend - "when all around my soul gives way - he then is all my and hope and stay - on Christ the solid rock I stand - all other ground is sinking sand - all other ground is sinking sand" xx

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff