Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Thorn

2 comments
 

Sometimes God allows things to come into our life that are beyond our understanding. Sometimes these things are things that we would not chose. These things though serve a greater purpose. They are allowed to bring us closer to Him.

"Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surprisingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." ~2 Corinthians 6-9

Paul's words say it all. I believe this can apply to us all who desire to grow more like Jesus. It is easy to become conceited when you become closer to Christ. When He reveals things to you it is a reason our flesh can take and become puffed up. Though glory ALWAYS should go to God in all things, yet as human it is easy to accept it for ourselves.

God admonishes us to be thankful in all things. In this present trial I am going to thank and praise Him. What is your present thorn? How are you responding to it? Let us encourage one another through these things. God is good. I rejoice that His great power rests on me not because of me but because of Him.

2 comments:

Sisterlisa said...

I think as we travel in this life long journey the thorns change. Some disappear then new ones grow to pierce us. Regardless of what the thorn is, they drive us closer to our Saviour. :O)

Christina said...

I have tinnitus. Ringing in the ears. Mine is more like a whooshing sound because I have Eustachian tube dysfunction. Some days it drives me crazy and other days it isn't so bad, but I always ask God to take this sound away from me. It has lessened a lot, but like I said, some days it's loud, some days not. Through this I am sticking with God. I am sorry to hear about your trials, but I am glad you are sticking with Him too.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff