Saturday, September 5, 2009

Transparency

2 comments
 

If you get a chance I want you to read this blog. post.

Prayers are appreciated and show some love if you can. This is a pastor that I deeply respect. He is my former pastor. He has always taught transparency and grace. I am thankful for him and what God did in our family while at his church.

Ministry can be so hard. You live in a fish bowl anyway. People judge you often. People misjudge your heart and intentions. When this happens in ministry it is even
more difficult especially in leadership. Though not perfect people expect it. The only perfect example is Jesus and as we behold Him we will love all of those around us more despite the imperfections. Please just show your pastors and other ministry leaders in your life love.

On a personal note the past two years I almost fell completely off the ministry call because I had gotten complained about, misjudged, talked about, gossiped about, and whatever else you can think of. Just because I wanted to help people to love God more. This almost crushed me. Almost made me quite. I fell into a deep pit of bitterness, anger, and depression. God though seemed too far away to get me out was never far. He was always there. He reached down and lifted me out of that pit. He strengthen me, healed me, and set me back on the Rock. I was free. Now I am stronger and know how to pray for others in ministry. It is no joke and not an easy thing. That is why we are to encourage one another DAILY.

I love you all and your support for me. I am forever grateful. You encourage me in ways I cannot even adequately express. Thanks for reading and loving on this ordinary girl who loves God and desires only to make Him known.

2 comments:

Kay Martin said...

My pastor has recently gone through great struggles, but in the last few months he was hit with the need to make Jesus HIs focus above all. IN mega churches such as these men head, that is a miracle of supernatural huge proportions.

But be encouraged and know God has Pastor Ken. Nothing of this ordeal will be wasted. Thank goodness he is being "real" as he processes this life-changing moment.

May Jesus come to him in new ways that bless him beyond anything he has ever known.

Love you mighty woman of God!!!

Susan Skitt said...

As a PK, I understand. Satan wants to destroy, but God has come to give life! Oh may we hold up those in ministry before God's throne!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff