Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Love & Respect by Dr. Eggerichs

5 comments
 
Love and Respect addresses the "crazy cycle" that many couples find themselves on in their marriage relationships. The main focus of the book addresses the hugely overlooked command that God gives wives in Ephesians 5:33. Husbands have been told to love their wives for a long time but wives have not been told to respect their husbands. Dr. Eggerichs addresses this and how through many conferences this approach to a happy and fulfilling marriage has been successful.

I personally found the book to be very helpful. I confess that I often find myself being disrespectful but not intentionally. There are times we can be disrespectful as wives and not even realize it. Also, there are things our husbands can do to us that make us feel unloved and in turn we respond disrespectfully. Then in turn a crazy cycle occurs.

Marriages are ending in very high rates of divorce these days. Couples in the church are not any exception to this fact. I believe this resource could be a very helpful tool to help couples learn how to understand one another and how to best meet each others needs through love and respect.

There are many insightful testimonies from couples who have tried this and have had success. Dr. Eggerichs doesn't claim it works in all situations. He addresses that as well. It is a good read and beneficial in my opinion to any marriage, that is if you desire it to be the best that it can be.

To purchase this book from the publisher go here.
To purchase it from Amazon go here.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

My husband and I read this before we got married. And I've recommended so many times to others.

God's girl said...

Thanks Cheryl. It was so very good! I just cannot say enough about it. Oh and how it kept exposing my heart. :)
Much love,
Angela

Susannah said...

This is one of the top three books on marriage that I know of. Excellent review. :~D

Anonymous said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff