Sunday, May 18, 2008

More Ponderings

14 comments
 
From the books I have been reading there are some great thoughts.

"Our gifts and talents should also be turned over to Him. They should be recognized for what they are, God's loan to us, and should never be considered in any sense our own. We have no more right to claim credit for special abilities than for blue eyes or strong muscles."
~The Pursuit of God, A.W. Tozer

"If I am something, then God is not everything; but when I become nothing, God can become all."
~Absolute Surrender, Andrew Murray

"If you are young, my brother or sister, profit I beseech you from my confession, that I cared too little to employ my early years for God. Consecrate all yours to His love. If I had only known Him sooner, if I had only had someone to tell me then what I am telling you, I would not have delayed so long in loving Him. Believe me, count as lost each day you have not used in loving God."
~The Practice of the Presence of God, Brother Lawrence

14 comments:

Christina said...

This is so true. I wish I had been told a lot of things earlier about what God wants of me, but I imagine he has a reason we don't know earlier. Maybe he wants us to experience certain things so that when it is time to put our gifts into practice they have a sweeter aroma. Maybe more meaning. I am not sure exactly where I am going with this, but I am thinking there is always a reason.

Christina said...

PS thank you so much for praying for my mom. I truly believe our prayer is doing some awesome work in blogland.

Cheri said...

I like the reminder about the talents, that they aren't ours and shouldn't claim any credit for them.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Love the quotes! Thank you for reminding us we have got to get serious about using our ALL for His glory.

Amy said...

Thanks for the reminders! You've got me thinking about re-reading Brother Andrew's "Practicing the Presence" and trying to tackle Watchman Nee again. My whole being needs exercise...not just my body, but my spirit and my brain as well!

Love you my sister!
Amy

Melanie said...

Hi, Angela. I particularly like that 2nd quote... so much truth!

ocean mommy said...

I LOVE that first quote here.

We really are stewards of the gifts and talents he trusts us with. It gives a whole different perspective doesn't it?

Love you girl and praying for you all!

steph.

Living Beyond said...

The quote by Brother Lawrence makes me want to cry - thanks for sharing.

Diana Simpson said...

I really like that one by andrew...

Kim S in SC said...

Loved these quotes. I want to find the Andrew Murray book.

Meg said...

Those are some powerful quotes there...hmm...good food for thought.

Kathy said...

Great quotes. The classic authors are often incredibly profound. Thanks for these!

Faith said...

Great quotes! Thanks for sharing! And thank you for your prayers ... stop by my blog to see how God has answered. :)

Susannah said...

All three qhotes contain nuggets of great isdom, thanks! :~D

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff