Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Live Love Laugh Conference

7 comments
 
First I have to say I am so very sorry to report I have NO pictures from this weekend. :( I tried to take some during the event and they would not come out. I think the lighting was a problem or perhaps the camera operator! Then I was so busy with other things I forgot to get them outside the sanctuary. Stephanie did not get any either! Yikes, what's that about?

Can I just tell you that Stephanie has been gifted with the sweetest gift of leading worship that I have ever seen. Girls, if you need a great worship leader who can really usher the people into the presence of the Lord she is it!

We had a super fun weekend. Micca Campbell and Amy Carroll from Proverbs 31 were our speakers and were so good. So many great comments from the women. The best part is that many women made new commitments to the Lord this weekend. That is exactly why we do what we do-to help draw women closer to God. God alone can do that but He lets us partner with Him in this work and that is just AMAZING to me. What a blessing.

Saturday we had young girls from 11-17 years old. I taught them on "Getting Through to God in a Text Message Sort of World" and they really got it. These were girls who loved God. It is so rare to get such a wonderful group like this and I was extremely blessed. As a gift we gave each one a really neat prayer journal that I even use. It can be found here.

Kara taught the second session on "The Call." She talked about the call that God has on each one of their lives. I just love how God brought both of our sessions completely together and we did not even plan it that way. We only knew the topic that each was talking on. I just love how God works like that.

I had so much fun with these girlfriends. The sweet fellowship was a HUGE blessing to me. I love each one dearly.

7 comments:

ocean mommy said...

You are so sweet...:) YOU and Amy P. did an excellent job on this weekend. It was so obvious that you all had covered the entire weekend in prayer. God really showed off for us didn't He!

I LOVE the prayer journal...I kept meaning to get out there to buy one but never got to the table!
I'm going to go on-line and get one!

You know, I think I saw Lee taking pictures from the media booth...maybe she's got some!!!

Cheri said...

Sounds like a very special weekend. It has to be such a blessing to know that your message touched their hearts!

Susannah said...

Bless you for your outreach and ministry to these young women. I admire you Angela! You go girl!

Hugs, e-Mom :~D

Susan Skitt said...

Wonderful my friend. You were in my prayers :)

Living Beyond said...

I'm very bummed that there are no pics but I am thrilled to bits that you had such a great time.

Amy said...

GO GOD!!!

We had such a blessed weekend! Angela, thank you so much for listening to His directions and capturing the vision and helping us to implement it. God truly blessed us!!

Thanks, too, for your work with the young girls! I'm soooo thankful that my precious princess got to be there and hear some other women talk about the importance og Him in their lives--especially some young, "hip" women! ;)

You are a wonderful partner in ministry! I praise God for you!

Much love,
Amy P.

Faith said...

Wow, I wish I could have been there for your talk! What a relevant topic!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff