Friday, May 30, 2008

Family

9 comments
 

This entire week my children have been gone to Camp Allstar from 9am to 3pm. My oh my. I have spent some great time with God in peace and quiet. I have been able to grocery shop with sanity and no surprises in my cart. I have been able to keep a very clean house. I have been able to write so much stuff. It has been so peaceful and so good yet there is just a piece missing.

I can hardly stand not being with these little bundles of joy. Even through the insane grocery store trips, the messy house, and the noisiness I have found I miss them so much. I am so ready for them to be home again. I love them so much. This time has been nice but it is not real life.

I have learned to be content with both things. I can still be in the presence of God in all the noise as I can in the peace and quiet. It is called practicing the presence of God. It is interesting because it is the same thing that Brother Lawrence talked about in his book with the same title. He said his quiet time devoted to prayer and his work time in a noisy kitchen were both the same. God is with us at all times and the lines of communication can remain open in all things.

Girls-mama loves you to pieces. You are God's precious gift to me and you bring me such joy. I sure hope I remember this next week when I am breaking up fight number 100 or washing ink off the wall or cleaning up several spills. No matter what I LOVE YOU! Isn't precious to know that God loves you even more.

9 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I know you missed them, but isn't it great to have concentrated time with God?!!

You are such a great mommy!

steph.

Anonymous said...

100th fight, who you kidding, more like 1,000,000 fight :)

Love you....

Cheri said...

What a great post- it is so true that you love the quiet times, but you miss them so much when they're not there.

Kathy said...

I can so relate to this! I long for a few days to myself but when it comes (actually it hasn't in over a year now) I miss the chaos! Glad to hear you had a productive time. My own writing time has been seriously fringed upon by life. LOL!

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Oh! That's so sweet. Your girls will be able to look back at these posts and READ your heart. You are such a fantastic mother!

Sanya

Susan Skitt said...

Oh, I am enjoying all these family posts. It must be a blog friend theme lately. I love the way God moves :) I so agree about practicing the presence of God. We CAN commune with Him anywhere, anytime.

What a great picture too! Hope you're having a nice weekend :) Your two little gifts from God are precious!

Christina said...

I am glad to hear they are home. I always miss my kids as soon as they are out the door. The time alone is nice, but you get so used to the noise the time alone seems almost too lonely.

mandy said...

awww...
such a sweet post.

Living Beyond said...

How wonderful and what a God given blessing they are to you.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff