Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I am blessed

3 comments
 
On Tuesday nights I have the privilege of serving the middle schoolers in their AWANA club. I get to listen (occasionally teach) to a great message and hear all of their inquisitive questions. They are so bright and really want to know God. Their minds are so full in fact it is kind of intimidating but don't tell them that! :) That age is awkward but so precious. They are blooming into young people who love God and that is so precious to me. After all of that I get to listen to them memorize scripture verses and recite them to me. They are hiding them in their hearts at such a young age. I wish I had that opportunity.

Tonight we were talking about the transfiguration. One thing that really stood out to me tonight was that Moses and Elijah appeared. Why them? Out of all of the old testament saints, why were they the ones chosen. Then it hit me, everything we do here on earth is temporary. Moses was chosen for this conference with Jesus. Moses messed up in the end and did not get to enter the promised land on earth. But in Heaven he got this great task. I love that. I love how I learn things through these young ones from the questions they ask. I am going to start asking more questions. There is so much more treasure to be found in the Word as we do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you relaly made me think about this. I want to go read about this again in the Word.

Wonderful post. Thank you.

ocean mommy said...

What a great thing to do on Tuesday night. They are hiding His word in their hearts!

Really good post here sister!
love you
steph.

Cheri said...

I taught the K-1st grade girls for our Wednesday night program at church and you're right- they can really teach you! I love how some of the simplest things they say can have such deep meaning.
Cheri

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff