Monday, June 4, 2007

The Pool Store

1 comments
 

I just need to vent a minute. I cannot stand going into a pool store. It does not matter which one, for some reason EVERY one around here is just not good for me. Really I suppose the truth is that it is not about me and the pool store but the kids and the pool store. For a reason unknown to myself the pool store seems to hold something in it that effects them in quite a negative way. Perhaps it is the high concentration of chlorine? I have no idea.
Before we even get into the store battle one occurs.
Me: Hannah please let mama put your shoes on.
Hannah: No
Me: Hannah we have to take this water into the store so you have to put your shoes one.
Hannah: No-I want in the stroller.
Me: Fine but you cannot get out of the stroller. (good idea, less potential for problems with her restricted.)

Battle 2
Kaitlyn: Mama can I push Hannah around the store while you are waiting.
Me: Sure honey just be careful. (The store is just one room and quite small, every move they make I can see).
Me: Kaitlyn honey come back to mommy please. (Mommy is seeing temptation to pull things down in their eyes.)
Kaitlyn: Why?
Me: Because I need you to stand next to mommy now.
Kaitlyn: Okay, can I sit on this stool?
Me: That is fine.
Hannah: (Getting out of stroller) I want to sit on the stool too.
Me: No Hannah, you are not allowed out of the stroller with no shoes.
Hannah: (Whine and crying to express her dissatisfaction. Not pleasant to the ears.)
Kaitlyn: (Gets up and starts running around the store. Running around the store-chlorine must be getting to her.)
Me: Kaitlyn you need to stay on the stool.
Kaitlyn: Why? (In her most beautiful whiny tone that can pierce the eardrum of any ones ears.)
Me: (Trying to listen to the instructions of the person while trying to control the babies in their altered pool store state. Boy am I glad they write those instructions down!)
Kaitlyn: (Starts trying to pop wheelies with the stroller again loud noises.)
Me: Thank you so much for your help. (I pay and quickly try to leave and forget what just happened at least nothing got broken or spilled out. Just a couple of wild children and a cup of humility for me. After we leave and the pool store is long behind the effects start wearing off and I get my children back again.

Note to self: next time just find a friend with a pool who will let us swim often instead of a house with one! Perhaps I can humble myself more often as well so that God doesn't have to use the pool store and my children to continually do it. Not looking forward to our next trip but I see it coming in about another week.

1 comment:

God's girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff