Monday, September 1, 2014

Rejection from Unexpected Places

0 comments
 




The pain of rejection can be earth shattering especially when the people who you believe would unconditionally cheer you on most will not. There are dreams that we have, good dreams, eternity rocking dreams but we are not supported by those we desire support from the most. What do we do with that pain and hurt?

When you birth a child you have many hopes and dreams but it is reality to realize that your dreams and hopes for that child may not be the same as what that child itself has for their life. It is important to love them unconditionally as the perfect Father loves us. Not for what we do or don't do but because He chose us and delights in us as we are. I could do many things with my life and no matter what, I have the delight of my Father in Heaven. I love that. I need to remember that because ultimately He is all we need. I want to pour that same love and support onto my children when they figure out what they want to do with their lives. After all God places those desires there in their hearts and He knows our children best of all. He has given us this gift of raising them with loose hands, not holding too tightly, in order to let them go and fly free wherever He has in mind. Even if it is hard places.

I cannot wait to see the plans He has for them. I need to be reminded to hold them loosely for they are His. I need to remember to support their crazy dreams because though I cannot imagine myself doing some of the things they desire, I am for them. No matter what. I need to resolve to be their greatest cheer leader. That is how our Heavenly Father is toward us. That is how we should in turn be toward them.

If you are scared or worried, commit to pray, He will give you peace.
If you can't catch their vision, pray God's will be done.
If you can't understand, talk like adults should talk together to try to grasp some understanding and don't shame or make them feel like they cannot talk to you about their lives. Don't chase them away.

Ultimately children, no matter the age, desire their parents approval. Sadly, in this life some of us may never get it. Yet ultimately I am accountable to my Heavenly Father and in Him I am fully approved. That has to be enough. Lord please make it enough. And in that perfect love I can forgive and be free despite the pain. I press on in Him.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff