Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back to School Unity

0 comments
 


I love the ministry of Heart of the Matter. I am honored to guest post there monthly and today I am over there. Here is an article preview:

I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me (John 17:23).

A desire for unity among Christian brothers and sisters is recorded as one of Jesus last prayers before He went to the cross. He knew the cross was coming and as He was praying, He was praying for us to have unity.

Now to me, this is powerful. Unity must be important to Jesus. If I were the one about to face a horrible torture I would probably be praying for it to be quick, pain to not linger, or various things of the self-focused nature but I am not Jesus. It is important to remember He was fully man and fully God so He struggled with the same temptations that we do, yet He prayed for future believer’s unity.
Now this may be something hard to swallow for some but READ MORE (full article is at Heart of the Matter Online.)

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff