Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vanity oh Vanity

0 comments
 
I am fearfully and wonderfully made, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.. (Psalm 139:14).

So today I had the great privilege of speaking to the girls who attended the Woman Inspired conference. This is how I had to do it. Look closely at my chin. After five months I am still battling a skin staph infection. Posted about it here.I was working in a nursery caring for kids while their parents learned English. One of those babies had a skin face infection and scratched me. I have been fighting it ever since. INSECURITIES!

Then to make matters worse I got a pink eye yesterday! You cannot see it well because of my glasses but it is slightly swollen closed and really pink! INSECURITIES!

I was however reminded that God thinks of my beauty and sees me as beautiful despite these outward things. He is enthralled with my beauty and I am to know in my heart of hearts that I am wonderfully made flawed and all. He accepts me as I am. And really any person who rejects me because of appearance has more going on in their own heart anyway which does not make it about me.

I have an in person event 9/16 and church directory pics coming up sooner than that. Hoping these things will go away before then but if not I am going to be okay. I am okay with myself just the way God made me. Help me remember that and I will help you too.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff