Monday, August 9, 2010

Power of the Ten Commandments

3 comments
 
Today was a really rough day with the girls. They were not wanting to get along at all in the morning. It figures because I was trying to host a conference. This has been going on for about a week or so now and deeply grieves my heart. I have been praying for a breakthrough and today we got one! Praise God.

I was making them just sit with me while I was working out on the treadmill. They had to just sit there. It is what I call boot camp because they lose all privileges and lose the right to be on their own since they lack the ability to make proper choices. As they sat and waited for me to finish my work out we were listening to the conference.

My youngest decides to read the wall while she waited. We have this chart posted on it (pictured above). She spent most of those 20 minutes reading and studying this chart. I was unaware she was doing this until she said, "Mom, I broke number 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10." "And Mom, you broke number 10." At this I cracked up because I knew this meant coveting...I could not figure out what I was coveting. My child explained to me all the sin she committed and how she broke these commandments then went on to explain mine. I broke number 10 because God gave me these children and I should not want other better behaving children!! Ha! She is something! So I told her I was sorry and confessed and she confessed. She asked me if she could keep this chart in her room so she can keep studying it and know what was right and wrong. So we moved it to her room.

The best part was it lead into a good discussion that there is no way we can keep these commandments in our own strength. It is why we desperately need Jesus. He is the one who satisfies our sin. He died for us so that we are righteousness in Christ. These commandments remind us of the great need we have for Christ. I challenge you to read them in this child like form above. They are beneficial to her and she really understands them. I just love those little breakthroughs. Praying it helps her walk in a Christlike manner. A reminder to us both of our desperate need of Christ.

3 comments:

Faith said...

aw...this was just great!!!
also, am closing my blog for quite a while to the general public. If you would like to keep following I think I need your email. You can send it to me at hipeaksmom(at)aol(dot)com.
I'll add you to my invite list. at least I THINK that's how it works :)

ocean mommy said...

wow!

What a great teaching moment!!!

(way to go on the workout!)

hugs
s.

Susannah said...

We do need child-like faith to embrace the truths of the 10 Commandments. I remember how impressive they were to me as a kid. A good word!

When you have a minute, come pick up your Sunshine Award at Chrysalis ღ.

Blessings, e-Mom

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff