Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Book Review - Good Girl's Don't Have to Dress Bad by Shari Braendel

2 comments
 
I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I have been so blessed by this book. I never in my life thought that I would like a book on fashion. However this book won me over. It is a perfect balance of spiritual and physical on this subject matter. It was written like a letter from one friend to another. Any woman who picks this up will leave feeling better about herself. Now that is priceless in my opinion.

As women we struggle as loving and accepting ourselves exactly as God made us. He made us each unique and beautiful yet for some reason we often end up desiring to be someone else. This book helps with that. It helps you learn how to dress the way that makes you look the best you can. After all like Shari tells us "we are representing our King!"

Another great thing about this book is it is far from materialistic. You are never encouraged to go out and spend or buy things that you do not need. I loved that about this book. In fact the author did address the issue of shop therapy being wrong. The motivation of our heart should be that we look the best we can for representing our Father in Heaven. Period.

The book helps you know:
  • Your body type and how to best dress that type.
  • The colors that look best with your skin, hair and eye colors.
  • The perfect balance when wearing accessories. They are good for even the simplest of us. Help with knowing what looks best on you based on your build.
  • Appropriateness of undergarments.
  • Survival guide to swimsuit shopping.
  • Hair and Makeup tips defining facial shapes and best cuts to compliment those along with best eye wear.
  • Jeans-a great guide for shopping by body type and stores to purchase them in all price ranges.
  • An encouraging shopping guide.
  • Modesty-a must!
This is a book that I will continual look through. I discussed some of this even with my 8 year old daughter who really enjoyed it. I really think it would be a good read for any age. Also, the book is full of pictures to explain the things that are being discussed. This was very helpful to me because I learn visually. I do not usually encourage you to buy any book that I review but this one I am going to encourage you to go out and buy. You will not regret it. Really you will not.

The author Shari is the real deal. She is a speaker for Proverbs 31 ministries. Contributes a lot to the teen girls of that ministry through Radical Revolution. Check out her personal website here.


To purchase a copy of this book from Amazon click on the link on this post. However through that link I will get a small commission.

2 comments:

Tasha Lee said...

i randomly read this blog post- yay! thanks angie!

Darla said...

cool! i will check this book out...miss blogging with you, soooo i'm back! love ya

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff